"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Grep

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#1 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:10 pm

So how high does Galadriel rank on the evil-o-meter? and in everyone's opinion why?

finrod

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#2 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:46 pm

Is she even evil .. i mean correct me if im wrong but i thought she was a good person in LotR. and there is no dark Galadriel .. coz im seeing it pop up quite often. she is tempted to take the ring and become one but that is the test she passes when she refuses and is eventually admitted into the west again.

so once someone has clarified to me what exactly is evil about her ?? .. i may reply in this thread.

Finrod aka Felagund.

Vee

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#3 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:22 pm

Forget what she was and never mind her involvement in Feanor's little jaunt but think of how the Dark Queen would be had Galadriel taken the Ring. It is a fictional fictional character but how evil could she have been?

virumor

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#4 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:08 pm

All the promises of power the Ring offers, are lies. No one safe Sauron can bend the Ring to its will, and the spirit of anyone who tries would get destroyed and overwhelmed by the malice (and part of the consciousness) of Sauron inside the Ring, and either become a slave of the Ring, or a replica of Sauron. As Galadriel was powerful and wise among the Eldar, I believe she would not become a slave, but a replica.

Even though, I do not believe that "dark queen" Galadriel would be able to defeat Sauron, even with the Ring. Even with the Ring, Sauron and his armies still outnumbered the Free Peoples of the West. Even without the Ring, Sauron was still the most powerful being in Middle-earth and unchallenged until the arrival of Gandalf the White.

But as this thread is supposed to be fictional : she'd become a tyrannic ruler over the Free Peoples of Middle-earth, and either destroy all of Sauron's minions or keep them as slaves, at least until the Second Host of the West would come to have a chat with her.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

grondmaster

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#5 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:22 pm

I'd compare the 'Dark Queen Galadriel" to Lewis's Queen Jadis of The Magicians Nephew, aka the White Witch of The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, who was the last Queen of her World and quite evil. Though the 'Dark Queen Galadriel" would probably be about 10 times worse: like if there are flavors of evilness, she would be sulphuric acid compared to sandpaper. :angel:
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#6 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:37 am

Yep, Dark Queen Galadriel would be a destroyer of the world (poor Celeborn!). But someone would, of course, come back to stop her. Probably her own relatives from Valinor.

floyd_n_milan

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#7 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:23 pm

She'd probably stretch all those Hobbits to make them the same height as the Elves. She would also die everyone's hair green. Shown to be so perfect in the LotR, an Elf like Galadriel wouldn't like people of different heights or hair colours, would she? As for the Dwarves, she'd probably roast them like Vee does newbies...

Vee

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#8 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:39 pm

With honey glaze, parsnips and roast potatoes? Mmmmmm...

mungo

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#9 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:47 pm

"think of how the Dark Queen would be had Galadriel taken the Ring"

Bit of a Brain wandering: The Ring was made by Sauron, he put his power, his will and his "evil" into it. Could she through this ring become "more evil" than he? Would the ring have the power to create more than was put in?

virumor

"Dark Queen" Galadriel

Post#10 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:01 pm

Would the ring have the power to create more than was put in?

No, that would go against conservation of energy.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “General Discussion”