Dream Movies

Fionwë Urion

Dream Movies

Post#1 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:41 am

Are there any people out there who wish that someone would create a particular film? There are several books that I can think of that would make awesome movies. For example, the Silmarillion, or C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy, just to name a few of my ideas. Hopefully this will become a hot:flamejump: topic.:elfbiggrin::elkgrin:

Vee

Dream Movies

Post#2 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:32 am

That's a bit of a double edged sword. If one loves a book and wishes to see it as a film then one is almost sure of some level of disappointment when the film is made. To love a book is to love what the author has committed to the page and most films leave out huge amounts of book material in order to add extra stuff to appeal to the general film going public.

I'd be more inclined to say I love a book so much I *don't* want a film made out of it.

virumor

Dream Movies

Post#3 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:49 am

I'd like to see a "Tigana" movie and a "Dark Tower" movie series.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Loss

Dream Movies

Post#4 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:52 am

I would 'dream' that the book 'School Library Mystery' i read that when i was quite small, i liked it then, but it would be good to see it as a film

Morambar

Dream Movies

Post#5 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:43 pm

Yeah, I agree with Vee; I've already been down that road with the Trilogy, fearing no producer would be able to capture the feel of the world only to have one do so and then ruin the plot that was written for him.

Fionwë Urion

Dream Movies

Post#6 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:47 pm

I was thinking that I could maybe go into the whole film-producer thing. The King Arthur movie that was made, I think in 2004, stunk. It didn't even go near the commonly accepted version of the Arthurian legend. So someone has to make a better one; why not me? I'm one of those people who was disappointed and upset at PJ for messin' up the plot. I like movies to stick to the story that the authur wrote, so I'm sure that I could do a better job on the Arthurian legends, and possibly the Lord of the Rings. That is also one of the main reasons why The Chronicles of Narnia movie is better than LotR in my book.

grondmaster

Dream Movies

Post#7 » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Here is a list of the King Arthur Legend Movies as lifted From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
This is a list of movies based on Arthurian legend:

* Knights of the Round Table (1953)
* The Sword in the Stone (animated movie, 1963)
* Lancelot and Guinevere (1963)
* Camelot (1967)
* Lancelot du Lac (1974)
* Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
* Perceval le Gallois (1979)
* Excalibur (1981)
* Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
* Guinevere (1994)
* First Knight (1995)
* A Kid in King Arthur's Court (1995)
* Merlin (1998)
* Quest for Camelot (animated movie, 1998)
* The Mists of Avalon (2001)
* King Arthur (2004)
* A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
And there were probably many others earlier, in black and white and both with and without sound.
'Share and enjoy'

Morambar

Dream Movies

Post#8 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:14 am

We ARE talking silver screen though, right? I don't know about the others, but since I'd never heard of a film of The Mists of Avalon I was intrigued and headed to my Wikimark, only to find out why I'd never heard of it: I don't have cable, and thus was completely oblivious of TNTs miniseries. I'm no cinemaphile, but 'taint the same.

Lord Of All

Dream Movies

Post#9 » Fri May 12, 2006 10:32 am

I would choose The Silmarillon over any other.

virumor

Dream Movies

Post#10 » Fri May 12, 2006 11:02 am

Yes, I'm sure PJ would honour us with another lovely adaptation.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “General Discussion”