Poll: Which Creature for a Pet

grondmaster

Post#1 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:22 pm

Which creature did you choose as a pet in the poll and why?
'Share and enjoy'

gandalf-olorin

Post#2 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:38 pm

I chose Shadowfax, for a couple of reasons. It's partly because my dad had a palomino when he was young. Also it's because if I had a horse, he would have to be smart enough to keep me onboard. I don't know much about horses, but it just seems logical that if I'm Gandalf I should have my Shadowfax.

caudimordax

Post#3 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:32 pm

I don't remember who Neekerbreekers were, also Roac sounds familiar but I can't place him. Can anyone help me out?

Also what happened to yesterday's poll? The answer was Galadriel right...

mellon

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:49 am

I also would choose Shadowfax ,simply because he was the last of his kind

Lord Of All

Post#5 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:22 am

Roac is the old message bird that hangs around Erebor with the remainder of its kind that could speak to the Dwarves of the Lonely moutain.

Morambar

Post#6 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:46 pm

Yes, the answer was Galadriel, because the question referred to the Rings of Power, one of which Celebrimbor gave to Galadriel because he had a thing for her (odd, given whom his grandfather was.) I choose Bill, because of his steadfast loyalty and deserving need for care he didn't get from Bil Ferny. Rather like my little dog that needs all the prayer now for his cancer, and on that note, I must go, so the vet can tell me whether we get to keep him past today.

Lord Of All

Post#7 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:53 pm

Bet the vet cost you a bomb? They really do charge those vets and it really annoys me.

grondmaster

Post#8 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:00 pm

Horses, ponies, and lap dogs are pretty much common place as pets and I figured the Smaug, the Balrog, and the Watcher were far too large to fit into any jar and they would undoubtably take umbarage with anyone who tried. So I chose the neekerbreekers, (Sam's name for the midges of the Midgewater Marsh for the noise the make) but not for their appetite for hobbit. I chose them because they were small enough to put in a jar with a mosquito net lid for my protection, like I used to do with frogs, bees, and garter snakesback when I was knee-high-to-a-grasshopper.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
'Share and enjoy'

Etharion

Post#9 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:07 pm

Heh, i choose Smaug. Since i was a wee bitty lad i dreamed of having a dragon as a pet. But id be happy if i could at least know one. :)
I mean come on....who wouldnt want a dragon as a pet? And dont give me those:"What would you feed it, where would you keep it?" lard... ;) Lets face it, if you had a dragon as a pet you'd have all the money you ever dreamed of. :)

virumor

Post#10 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:20 pm

I chose the Mûmak.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “General Discussion”