Poll: Stuffed Wall Hanging

grondmaster

Post#1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:11 pm

Which rare Middle Earth being would you most like to see stuffed and hanging on the wall?? - This poll was submitted by Cirdan in the far distant past.

Tell us which one of them you chose to have stuffed and hung on the wall, and why.
'Share and enjoy'

aragorn's lady

Post#2 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:19 pm

Well, if I understood the question...I chose Shadowfax - I'm a huge horse lover! But ,if I didn't....I'll have to rethink this one and get back to you.- Aragorn's Lady

galenhir

Post#3 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:19 pm

Balrog.

This demented Maia would make a lovely conversation piece, along with supplying endless trick-or-treaters with nightmares to last a lifetime. In addition, I wouldn't be too loathed to know that one less balrog wasn't terrorizing poor Dwarf-lings in Khazad-dûm or Elves of the first age.
The most important reason of why stuffed-balrog? I would finally know if it really had wings :orcsmilie:

mellon

Post#4 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:55 am

That would be Smaug .Cool to have a dragon on the wall

Etharion

Post#5 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:31 am

I totally agree with Mellon. What could be more cool than having a dragon head over your fireplace? Well..saying that you slayed it. :orcgin:

virumor

Post#6 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:20 am

I voted Haldir. It's so blond and perty.

And of course, him hanging on my wall will prevent him from getting to Helm's Deep.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Vee

Post#7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:47 am

So he's dead either way?

cloveress

Post#8 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:54 am

Ah! This poll is hard! And I've never really met a really hard poll before. I mean, all you gotta do is just click, right? But this one. In the end I decided to content myself with not voting at all. I would hate to have any nasty thing on my wall, like Balrogs and Gollums. They'd give me nightmares for sure. But then, I would be equally disgusted with a stuffed creature of great bueaty, such as Haldir or Shadowfax. It is like seeing a great stuffed rabbit, so unnatural and creepy, with those fake eyes and oddly shaped skin. Ewww.... and don't even bring to mind a picture of a stuffed Gandalf. That is just not supposed to happen!

Loss

Post#9 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:46 pm

i share your pain and thoughts on this subject, but i did come to a decision, i dont want to see a face, (as that would freak me out) and i dont want to see the skin of anything, and all of that. So i decided to choose Nazgul, as they dont have a face, (so no screaming in the night if i need a drink) plus they dont really have heads, (at least i dont think so) so i cant see thier freaky eyes staring at me, and i can take the hood off of it and be a NAZGUL!!! great fun, go scare my nan!!! She deserves it................

grondmaster

Post#10 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:53 pm

I also had difficulty choosing. I ended up with the Balrog, even though my appartment doesn't have a wall big enough to show it in the best light, or darkness even. Besides I wanted to see what the taxidermist would do with those wings of shadow. Does the shadow go away when the spirit leaves the Balrog's body, leaving a wingless hulk? Archeologists and paelentologists have found no fosils, remains, relics, or artifacts of any kind that might have given us the answer. :teacher:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “General Discussion”