Poll: Best LotR Villain

grondmaster

Post#1 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:58 pm

From our poll: Who is the best Lord of the Rings Villain?

Who was your choice and why?
'Share and enjoy'

grondmaster

Post#2 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:28 pm

I choose the Balrog because it was a monster from the First Age of Middle Earth and as we all know, things were better (or worse) back in the good (or bad) old days.

Besides to me the Balrog was scarier than the Nazgul Lord, whose chief weapon was fear, except for his sword and Icey Morgul-knife on Weathertop and his Crushing Mace on the Fields of Pelennor. The Balrog was bigger and had a flaming sword and a fiery whip, not to mention his wings of shadow, whether they were literal or virtual. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Lord Of All

Post#3 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:32 pm

The Balrog. Has not been seen of properly since the first Age and caused more fear than Sauron himself did.

Loss

Post#4 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:20 pm

When I read the title of the Poll, I immediately thought of the Witch-King, as he played the best bad guy. Villains are meant to scare people and make people run away, until some crazy gal stabs them in the face :tongueelf: I think that the Witch-King played the part of fear and general nastyness great, or badly..........

rafael

Post#5 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:13 pm

I'm here to join the Balrog-fiend-fan-club. Balrog-struggle must have been "sported" since time began. The fight between Gandalf vs a Balrog was scary in the book as in the movie.
So Balrog is my choice! :wary: By the way; as far as I remember, Gothmog was the top-Balrog, wasn't he/she/it? :elf:

Lemaly Orangeflower

Post#6 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:16 pm

I chose the Barrow Wight that guy really freaked me out! that whole scene was creepy! lol. Would NOT want to meet that guy in a dark alley...heck, I wouldn't want to meet him at all! lol. :elfbiggrin:

virumor

Post#7 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:03 pm

I voted for no one. They're all losers.

The real diabolical mastermind, Bill Ferny, should've been in the poll.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

rafael

Post#8 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:19 pm

Some may call all of us loosers, Vir, but one can find and vote for a lot of imaginary villains hereby winning at least attention. :elfwink:

grondmaster

Post#9 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:03 pm

By the way; as far as I remember, Gothmog was the top-Balrog, wasn't he/she/it?

The Gothmog in this poll was not the Balrog from The Silmarillion, but the one who momentarily took command at the Battle of Pelennor Fields after the Witch King, aka the Nazgul Lord, was destroyed by the Éowen/Merry Consortium.

I could have added Bill Ferny, Pimple Sackville-Baggins, Old Man Willow, and the Stone Trolls to the poll, but of them I probably should have substituted Bill Ferny in place of Gothmog who only appeared in one sentence in the book, but who I assume was represented by that brave albino orc type critter in PJ's movie.
:superscared:
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

Post#10 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:44 am

I voted for Gollum, since he's actually a good-guy-turned-into-a-bad-guy sortta character and he's not as scary as some of the other baddies like the Balrog or Sauron, but he's sortta cute, in his own way.

Besides, he's a bad guy who shows really good psychological conflict. And he does wield formidable power when he decides to fight someone (the finger-biting part was gruesome!).

Return to “General Discussion”