You as iluvitar

arath

You as iluvitar

Post#1 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:31 am

If you were iluvitar or one of the valar would you fix the battle scars of MD or change it somehow. (after defeation of sauron)

cloveress

You as iluvitar

Post#2 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:37 pm

I would do as Iluvatar did, let the people remaining in ME fix the scars of battle themselves.

virumor

You as iluvitar

Post#3 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:11 am

Yes, what better way to fix scars by covering them with even larger ones?
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

arath

You as iluvitar

Post#4 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:06 am

if i would be iluvitar i would give the remaining ents their wifes back so their race would not vanish.

Fionwë Urion

You as iluvitar

Post#5 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:39 am

It would be nice if the scars were to be mended, but it would not be right to do so, for obvious and not so obvious reasons.
If Illuvator were to mend the scars, he would be visibly and openly interfering in ME matters, which he doesn't do. After the Ring was destroyed, the Third Age ended, and the Fourth Age, the Age of Men, began. The First Age was the age of the glory and power of Elves, the Valar were still a part of ME at that time. The Second Age was the age of the glory and power of Men. The Valar were still a part of ME, but they didn't involve themselves in it's events until they were provoked, and even then they didn't do anything themselves, but laid their power before Illuvator. That pretty much ended the involvement of the Valar in ME affairs. The Third Age had nothing to do with the Valar. It was the age of the waning of Elves, and the waxing of the dominence of Men, for Illuvator, or even the Valar, to have done something that was visibly of their work in that age, anything at all other than attempting to influence events by means of things like weather, would have stopped the waning of the Elves for a long time, and interferred with the dominence of Men. Same with the Fourth Age, interferrence with events would have taken away the power of Men. The fate of ME was no longer in the hands of the Valar or Illuvator, it was in the hands of Men, to mend or mar.

Lord Of All

You as iluvitar

Post#6 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:14 pm

"If Illuvator were to mend the scars, he would be visibly and openly interfering in ME matters, which he doesn't do."

Except when he changed the whole world with the Downfall of Numenor, the removal of the Blessed realm from Arda, creating new lands and new seas east and west of Middle-earth...

Fionwë Urion

You as iluvitar

Post#7 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:17 pm

Granted, but I made a referance to that:
involve themselves in it's events until they were provoked, and even then they didn't do anything themselves, but laid their power before Illuvator.

Lord Of All

You as iluvitar

Post#8 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:43 pm

I noticed that reference but did not know you meant it in that content. I thought you just said that to show how much the Valar had stood back in the events of the Second Age.

Fionwë Urion

You as iluvitar

Post#9 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:48 pm

I thought you just said that to show how much the Valar had stood back in the events of the Second Age.

That's what I meant, but I was pointing out that event to show what I meant.

Lord Of All

You as iluvitar

Post#10 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:07 pm

Then I offer my apologies for the confusion.

Return to “General Discussion”