Poll: Ideal Christmas Present

grondmaster

Post#1 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:23 pm

Our new Poll was submitted by Cloveress. - Thanks Tricksy Pixie :happyelf:

What would be your ideal Christmas present?

I chose the Naugliamír, because it also contained a Silmaril.
'Share and enjoy'

mellon

Post#2 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:57 am

Oh what a great poll:) Since I already have the One Ring in both gold and silver and the Evenstar ...and a VERY KIND HUSBAND:happyelf: I would like to have the Palantir to see what you guys are doing all over the planet:)

virumor

Post#3 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:04 am

I want Sting, so he can sing "Every step you take" and "Message in a bottle" for me all day!
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

mellon

Post#4 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:49 am

Oh Vir :funnylaugh: Behave and be serious will you ?

cloveress

Post#5 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:02 am

It was tough, y'know. I really wanted that Lothlorien-made cloak. It could come in handy when I need to hide from my parents or from that annoying math teacher who keeps on looking at me, as if urging me to spit out every boring answer. But then I also wanted that flask of miruvor, just for the sake of drinking something that was described so wonderfully. I mean, I love alcohol, well not all alcohol, but wine I like, only due to some obvious reasons, I am denied the taste of it. But I'm sure no one has heard of miruvor, so the police can't do anything about that, can they? And then I saw the bouquet of elanors. Well, of course, I would like to have that, being a plant-loving fairy. Who wouldn't want sojme exotic flowers decorating their desk or windowsill? Wait, I take that rhetorical quesiton back. I know of some people who might find elanors distasteful.

But anyways, in the end I chose the miruvor. Wine beckons, my friends.

Phew. I didn't think voting in my own poll would be that hard, but heck! It is hard!

virumor

Post#6 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:54 am

I mean, I love alcohol, well not all alcohol, but wine I like, only due to some obvious reasons, I am denied the taste of it.

How old are you, again? No wonder you've stopped growing and stayed as tiny as a fairy..

O tempora, o mores!
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Etharion

Post#7 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:21 pm

Heh heh...

Well i chose the Silmarill.. I could have chosen the Nauglamir like Grondy, but i wanted it in its pure form.. I picked it because it would be unbelivable to hold something that has The Light in it..The Light that came from the great Trees..created by Yavanna herself, a Valar... and also, something that was forged by Feanor, perhaps the mightiest of the Eldar..

rafael

Post#8 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:27 pm

I want Sting, so he can sing "Every step you take" and "Message in a bottle" for me all day!
That's really a nice one, Vir! But I'll hope for :police: Let's have Sting's band; it's unfortunately not The Band!!

leelee

Post#9 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:12 pm

I cannot believe you said that about Sting. Until this very second, being new here and having read quantities of your posts, I thought you are very very serious. Now I am sure I must be mistaken as to your age too. :( Maybe I am like Emma and never knew it. :)

I chose Lady Arwen's pendant. It just called to me and I could think of nothing else no matter how wonderful. But then I am an elf and already own a cape so it was just the right thing to go with it I suppose.

cloveress

Post#10 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:50 pm

Until this very second, being new here and having read quantities of your posts, I thought you are very very serious. Now I am sure I must be mistaken as to your age too.

Leelee, you've just gotta see some of the posts in Website Disucussions. I mean, in the book-related discussions, everyone is serious, but really, when it's not about the books, we tend to loosen up and get more friendly and less scholarly.

Return to “General Discussion”