Who would you trust?

leelee

Who would you trust?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:20 pm

I have pondered on who of all our heroes from Gandalf to one of the Hobbits that I would trust the most to get me through the gathering darkness and the great battle of that third age.
If the enemy were bearing down and you had to go with and trust with your very life just one of the characters of Middle Earth to keep you safe and alive until the overthrow of Sauron, who would it be?
I know that Aragorn and Gandalf are no brainers but I guess for me I would go with Samwise.
I would not feel too shy with him, we would have a lot of things to talk about of an evening-gardening, the beauty of Middle Earth, lore of elves, runes and well many things.
And I would know that Sam would never leave or forsake me and he would find the courage to get through a situation no matter how hard or hopeless. So I would pick Sam

How about you?

virumor

Who would you trust?

Post#2 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:03 pm

I think Gandalf and/or Aragorn would be the most skilled to hold off pretty much everyone, unless Sauron himself would come.. so I'd go for these.

I was initially inclined to go for Éowyn, but I take it she would drag me into a fight with a pack of wargs, a horde of Uruk-hai, a murder of crebain or even nastier stuff... and since my doctor has refused me too much excitement I unfortunately have to pass on that... bummer!
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

grondmaster

Who would you trust?

Post#3 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:37 pm

Well Virumor, you could choose Ioreth to care for you, but only if you are also hard of hearing, for I wouldn't like to subject a friend to her endless monologue. :elfbiggrin:

I think the safest place might be in Tom Bombadil's house, as long as he was home. For few knew he was there and few would enter to Old Wood of their own volition. Of course this would name me a Third Age pacifist instead of an activist. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

Túrin Turambar

Who would you trust?

Post#4 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:42 pm

I would say Gandalf! He has the most knowledge of what is actually going on, and proves he'd sacrifice his life, as he did in FOTR. So if i had to rely on someone to get me through it all i'd pick him.

valedhelgwath

Who would you trust?

Post#5 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:14 am

I think I'd go for Radagast. He seemed to have a penchant for avoiding the danger, yet should have a pretty formidable armoury up his sleeve should danger find him.

cloveress

Who would you trust?

Post#6 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:56 am

I'd stick to Treebeard. He is like Radagast, keeps out of trouble most of the time, but when danger comes to his precious forest he is quite formidable. I wouldn't pick Radagast though. He might see some peacock fly by and chase after it and forget all about me. But if Treebeard gets distracted, say, by an Entwife, his pace would at least be a bit more easier to catch up with.

Oh and he also provides great camouflage too. You could nestle in his branches and cover yourself up with leaves and no one would know you.

virumor

Who would you trust?

Post#7 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:03 am

Well Virumor, you could choose Ioreth to care for you, but only if you are also hard of hearing, for I wouldn't like to subject a friend to her endless monologue.

Yes, at least Éowyn rattles on in/about cages..
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Thorin Oakenshield

Who would you trust?

Post#8 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:16 am

i would choose the dwarves of erebor (dain) cause at least there i'll know that there would be know chance of taking us at unawares.!
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

Lord Of All

Who would you trust?

Post#9 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:54 am

I suppose Gandalf would be my option. It took him great stregnth just to say he would leave Frodo in Barad-Dur rather than accept the treaty of Sauron. If that was me I would have left Frodo without hesitation but Gandalf did not so i suppose he would only abandon you in dia need.

leelee

Who would you trust?

Post#10 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:52 pm

I of course think Gandalf would be perfect, that is a no brainer. But I would like the thrill of trying to go with someone that either was not before known to have any notable skills in dealing with the enemy( I always believe in the underdog I suppose) or someone fascinating that I would really love to take the time to know.
Another name that comes to my mind is Gilgalad, I would have loved to get to know him and fight along side with him his and my sworn enemy Sauron the ,,,,the...well I really don't have a suitable word. :(

Return to “General Discussion”