Poll: Which race would you be?

grondmaster

Post#1 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:07 pm

In our Forum Poll of 17 February 2007:
If you woke up in Middle-earth, of which race would you want to be?
found over there to the right, which race did you choose and why?

'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Post#2 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Had to be Maiar for me... Didn't even have to think about it.

So many benefits and powers, enabling you to live pretty much the life of your choice. Might find it harder deciding just which area I would dedicate myself to though... the sea, forests, mountains??? That would be a harder choice.

Etharion

Post#3 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:09 pm

I choose elf.. I ALMOST choose Maiar, but i didnt want to seem over zelaous.. Still..being a elf is awesome..

mellon

Post#4 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:29 am

Had to be Maiar for me... Didn't even have to think about it.

My thoughts exactly Val :) Think of all the great things you could do with such powers

Loss

Post#5 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:30 am

The same here, Maiar is my first choice, but elf was a close second, very close second, to live through all the ages of the world and beyond would be unbelievable..................drifts off into daydreams.......................

virumor

Post#6 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:22 am

Man, obviously. Mainly because this is the only race, possibly together with the Dwarves, who is certain to take part in the Second Music of the Ainur. The rest would all disappear at the end of the First Music.

As for Maiar, I do not understand why Eagles and Spiders are mentioned as a different race? They're both Maiar too.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

grondmaster

Post#7 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:21 pm

As for Maiar, I do not understand why Eagles and Spiders are mentioned as a different race? They're both Maiar too.
Me thinks that statement needs modifying; most Eagles and Spiders are not considered Maiar. Only the Great Eagles and even fewer of the Great Spiders. Shelob shouldn't be considered as a Maiar to my feeble way of thinking? But of course I could be wrong.
'Share and enjoy'

beriadan

Post#8 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:06 pm

I would like to be an Elf, wise and beautiful they are, and immortal too...
And for power, powerful they are... archers, healers and so on... isn't it Elrond who saves Frodo from the deadly wound? And the river, a mean the horses... Arwen's magic... and their blades, bows, armors,strong and powerful but beautiful too, I like them...

elanor

Post#9 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:38 pm

Tough one... would like to be Maiar of course, could aspire in some ways to Elf, in keeping with Tolkien not worthy to be Hobbit, not tough enough for a dwarf, who the hell wants to be an orc, too fast and impulsive to be Ent, but .... man, is what I am, if of the latter and lesser days type, Bjorning if it comes to it, but if I could let my imagination run wild... would like to be related to Bombadil.

Elanor

virumor

Post#10 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:06 am

Shelob shouldn't be considered as a Maiar to my feeble way of thinking? But of course I could be wrong.

Tis quite simple really : Shelob is the last offspring of Ungoliant. Ungoliant was Maia, was she not?

Now, since the Spiders of Mirkwood are Shelob's spawn and Shelob is Maia, her offspring are Maiar too, though lesser than their mother.

Me thinks that statement needs modifying; most Eagles and Spiders are not considered Maiar.

They don't have a capital letter for nothing. They're lesser Maiar but still Maiar, all descending from Ungoliant's spawn which once roamed Nan Dugortheb.

Eagles and Spiders without capital letter are just animals. That's why a capital letter is used to denote these that are more.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “General Discussion”