Poll 21st Century Feanor'd be

grondmaster

Post#1 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:25 pm

Our new poll of 25 April 2007 was suggested by Cloveress. Thanks for the laugh green pixie. :happyelf:

In the Poll: 'If Feanor was living in the 21st century, he'd be...' which answer did you choose and why?

(I made a couple of minor editorial changes to it. So give your accolades to her; blame me if you're not very impressed.)
'Share and enjoy'

grondmaster

Post#2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:32 pm

Elessar Lossëhelin Posted Wednesday 25th April 2007 (11:23pm)

Wooo, it says that there has been only one vote :orcsmilie: it's me!!!

I chose 10 times Noble Prize Winner, as he did create/invent things that no other could have and I think that they would be worthy of such a prize, the Silmarils along would be a great feat, to take a delicate thing, like the light of the two trees and then make it into something so beautiful deserves the credit in my oppinion, plus the prize money could help him with his next invention :orcsmilie:

Great poll Clover :orcthumbs:
'Share and enjoy'

Loss

Post#3 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 pm

Edit: Oh, thanks Grondy, got a tad worried then.... no biggy.... :orcsmilie:

Just to add to my first post.... As well as the Palantíri, only a great mind could have done something so brilliant, like some of the things we see nowadays that scientists win the Noble Prize for....

grondmaster

Post#4 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:42 pm

I had to delete the original thread and start it over with a new one, as the title wouldn't fit and we can't edit titles once submitted, so that is why Loss's post disappeared/reappeared.

Sorry for the confusion.:orcgin:
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

Post#5 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:05 pm

I voted a jewelry thief, and the poll says that only three people have voted so far, so I presume that I am the only one who has voted for this. But modern people would find it hard to put choose Fenor for their leader, since the whole bloodline stuff is hopelessly out-of-date nowadays and unless Feanor can somehow make another mesmerizing potion (voice doesn't work since it's all over the intercoms these days!) to make people follow him...

Feanor's so obssessed with jewelry, and suffered so much over the millenia, that he'd probably have already gone cuckoo and therefore sunk to the level of being a petty criminal.

I did seriously consider voting for "Orlando Bloom"!

And Thank you for all the compliments paid, and about to be paid, as well!

virumor

Post#6 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:13 am

I do not agree with this poll. I think this poll is liable to surpass our bans on political/religious discussion.

So please be careful with what you pick and what you write here, please.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

elanorraine

Post#7 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:28 am

As it says somewhere, if there were any of elf-kind who remained behind after the ships all left, they would slowly diminish in power, in intellect, in glory, in craftsmanship, in beauty, till they were strange nature loving hermits unthought of and unheard of by humanity, a mere shadow of their former selves.

I'm sure Feanor would not have chosen this fate, but were he still alive, not dead from grief or hari-kiri or fighting, and unable to reconcile with the powers in order to sail back across the sea (very likely, as he seemed rather full of himself), it would be his fate nonetheless.

Amarië

Post#8 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:50 am

I did jump a bit when I saw the poll. Typical of Grondy to flirt with disaster. :wink:
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

cloveress

Post#9 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:53 am

Oh people. Just vote and give your reasons in a logical fashion. Surely most of you can manage to do that in a way that does not provoke political argument! And if you feel that the idea of Feanor being the president of a first-world nation is offensive, then don't vote for it!

And if we MUST be so tightlipped on the subject of religion, then I do apologize. The messiah part should not have been included in this poll... I certainly don't see Feanor as any kind of Messiah, but I just thought that perhaps some others would...

Amarië

Post#10 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:32 am

I don't know what to vote. I miss 'political activist'. Terrorist or messiah depend on the eyes who see. But since he kept fighting the authorities, he would probably end up in jail eventually. If not in a mental institution, for claiming to be thousands of years old.
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “General Discussion”