MITHRILL

leelee

MITHRILL

Post#1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 pm

I am just wondering, I mean since we can do absolutely nothing with mithrill as things stand, why do we keep getting it, what is the point? Why can it just not be dispensed with. For so long I have hoped that we could use it somehow, like you used to. I cannot remember how it was used at one time, it was before I came aboard, but it seems depressing to me to just keep getting it and for no reason.
Any thoughts?

virumor

MITHRILL

Post#2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:24 am

I'm saving it all up for my Mithril Chainmail +4.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

gwindor

MITHRILL

Post#3 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:07 am

Could we perhaps play some game with it, sort of Middle-earth monopoly or stocks and shares in Rivendell. I've just had a thought, I'll come back when I've checked it.

grondmaster

MITHRILL

Post#4 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 pm

We can't do anything with our mithril unless our absentee landlord makes it happen, and I won't hold my breath until he does. :orcsad:
'Share and enjoy'

ammornil

MITHRILL

Post#5 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 am

May be LeeLee is right and it just must be left behind. I mean it is an automatic service, but completely useless as it is now. It may only be used to calculate how often one is entering the site, because that is the way you receive it now, is it not?
Nolwe ar alcar >> Wisdom and Glory! Wisdom is in words, Glory- in deeds.
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

gwindor

MITHRILL

Post#6 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:38 am

Shame really, I've discovered there is a LOTR monopoly game and Risk LOTR, and a loads of others.
I was thinking of something similar but not so complex, something with not too many rules we could have exclusive to PT. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Amarië

MITHRILL

Post#7 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am

Yeah, as Grondy said, only the website owner can do changes that involves adding or removing from the programming of this site. At least the mithrill PMs remind me to vote for PT.

I think it still costs mithrill to move locations though... unless that has stopped working too.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Loss

MITHRILL

Post#8 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Mithril used to be used for the Weather also. But Grep soon stomped that out on his arrival. Depending on where you lived contributed to the spending. If you lived in say, Rivendell, and you wanted to send a PM to Minas Tirith, it would cost more to travel a further distance. It would also cost more if the weather was raining or stormy where you were sending it. It's like a cost of post and packaging. The postman has to pay the bills too :elfbiggrin:

How I miss those days...

leelee

MITHRILL

Post#9 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:23 pm

That sounds so much fun Loss. It's a pity it could not be resumed. Would it be a major problem to do so I wonder. I know zero about owning and operating a sight. Perhaps I should enlighten myself.

elanorraine

MITHRILL

Post#10 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:32 pm

I believe it costs 400 mithril to move. I just moved to Umbar. Anyone care to join me?

Return to “General Discussion”