i need some help!

MelliotSandybanks

i need some help!

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

This thread Tommy

Allyssa

i need some help!

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

How about in one of his books? especially the older editions, which you may find in the keeping of friends or second hand bookstores.

Another source could be one of the many Tolkien Bestiarys/Encylopeadias.

Let us know how the tattoo worked out. How big are you going to get it?
"May the Angels Guide"

hiku747

i need some help!

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I do actually have one of the brown leather bound versions of the book with the symbol on the front, the problem is i dont have a flat bed scanner. I also have two bestiaries or how ever you spell it, but i never thought to look in there. thanks for that idea. my scanner is some stoopid high tech fax/printer/scanner machin-e and i cant very well stick a book in there. it would just be more convient to have a picture of the net instead of lugging my giant book there and asking the artist to scan it. i am going to have it a decent size, abour 3 inches. its going to be on my lower back, with a gradient, dark green to dark blue, i think im going to get 7 stars above it too. wow wee i just blabbed on about it, i will let you know how it comes out... i am going to get it in about 2 weeks. thanks for the ideas!!!!! :D

TomBombadillo

i need some help!

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tolkien's initials on your back? That's cool! :D

How do they look? Cos I never saw them, I think. I might have seen them in a book somewhere without knowing that they are the ones you're looking for. If you know what I mean. :P: Welcome to PT, by the way. :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

hiku747

i need some help!

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tom,
thanks for the welcome!! :) yes i am really getting his initials on my back. the only sign i can find online of his initials that i could try and blow up is on this site:
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/relipper/tolkien/rootpage.html
but then i tried to blow em up and it was all chunky and pixilated or how ever you spell it. (i am the worst speller in the world!) it is an awesome thing to get tatooed even if it wasn't his initials, but since they are his initials, it makes it all the more better for my tatoo! :D hey i have a question... have you heard of that movie ancanar? do you know a lot about the story line??

TomBombadillo

i need some help!

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Never heard of it, sorry...

That really is a nice sign, I think it will look nice on your back too. Very cool! :cool:

MelliotSandybanks

i need some help!

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hiku,

If you are still lurking around. Did you get the tatoo? How does it look? I found some pics of his initials on my books. It is a really cool symbol. If you have not gotten the tat yet, you could always try to trace it out of your leather bound book and then have the artist blow it up to fit the area you want it on. There are some really talented tatoo artist out there that could do a great job for you.

TomBombadillo

i need some help!

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hmm. I had forgotten about this thread, but where are you, hiku? Come back soon and tell us! :cool:

MelliotSandybanks

i need some help!

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just found it, and had an idea, if hiku is still around i would love to know what happened.

TomBombadillo

i need some help!

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You just found what, Mellie? Confused...

Return to “General Discussion”