A WISH LIST

leelee

A WISH LIST

Post#1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:13 pm

I just reread the coming of Tuor to ..... and honestly, I must admit that I like this story more than all the others in the entire body of work..............but alas it was unfinished. I like most of the Unfinished Tales, but this one is SO noble, so proud and adventurous, so awe inspiring and fearful and just .....well honestly words cannot describe how I feel. Tuor is a magnificent, brave, heartbreaking man who has my total respect and heart. And the amazing elf Veronwe, saved by Ulmo , the only one from all his friends and kin that had laboured on the sea for so long, he too was someone I hold high and consider the best of Elves.The story, so steeped in sorrow and despair as Morgoth's evil was ever spreading and disbanding and destroying the finest of the Elves, also had courage beyond hope, and tenacity to see the impossible happen.
The scene of Tuor in the great hall, having been drawn there by the magnificent swans, and then the last or among the last scenes of Tuor finally standing in the unbelievable Gondolin with Vernowe, wearing that mysterous cloak, it is the biggest thrill. I wish this could have been fleshed out completely and brought to the last magnificent moment. All in one piece.
T

LadyAlyss

A WISH LIST

Post#2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 am

oh, i totally agree, it is a brilliant tale 

leelee

A WISH LIST

Post#3 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Can you even imagine what the movie would be like if done faithfully and artistically. I am all shivers of joy merely thinking of it.

brego

A WISH LIST

Post#4 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Agreed Lee Lee, would make a wonderful Novel of its own greatness.  I for one love the idea of being flown over the mountains into Gondolin by Manwe's Eagles.  The first vission of the hidden kingdom would be incredible.

leelee

A WISH LIST

Post#5 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Yes incredible, beyond description almost. And oh the emotion, after all the hardships, grief, numbness of mind and body, the hopeless feelings, deprivation and cold almost unto death. And when all hope seemed over, a light that grew greater until...................that moment. But honestly I would hope it would be tackled by someone with great visual integrity that ALSO had read Tolkien since a lad or lass and truly had the right heart and mind and integrity to do it. And what a triumph that would be...sigh.

brego

A WISH LIST

Post#6 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:33 pm

I just thought of another awe inpsriring scene.  Ulmo the king of the seas walking out of a sea storm to brief Tuor regarding the finding of Gondolin.  I have often tried to imagine what the Valar would look like, especially Ulmo, who Im kind of fond of. 

odette

A WISH LIST

Post#7 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 pm

Brego:You absolutely speak my mind.

That scene so intrigues me.I've tried writing poems on it,tried drawing it,but nothing can capture how a Valar looks and feels.

I will be really amazed if anyone can digitally reproduce this.

brego

A WISH LIST

Post#8 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Yes Odette, very difficult indeed...  Another would be Yavanna standing on a hill with her arms upheld greeting the rain of Ulmo in the wind of Manwe, with the stars of Varda shining through.  There is a wonderful small section in the Sil where we witness some personal info regarding the relationship between Aule and Yavanna.  Its amazing because we witness a kind of gentle argument between Valar lovers.  Its the section where Yavanna realizes that most of her works will be used and abused by the children of Eru.  Its my favorite section of the Sil. Yavanna basically has a go at Aule, who retorts back, its funny and heart warming.

The outcome, the creation of the Shepherds of the forests. 

odette

A WISH LIST

Post#9 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:09 am

Oh yes I recall that.It was really domestic and sweet.She goes on and on about how Aule's creations will come and destroy her trees and they won't be able to protest..I think that's how it went.She mentioned something about the water too.Gosh I need to buy that book.

leelee

A WISH LIST

Post#10 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Brego, that would be wondrous indeed. But for me, the Valar are so above everything on Middle-Earth , that I honestly would be disappointed  to see a mortal play any of the parts. No, I who am usually not that enamoured with a lot of smoke and mirrors throught technology would indeed favour such a thing, totally ethereal and other worldly and the characters digital only, but the best that can be done, the very very best,

Return to “General Discussion”