IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

leelee

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:23 pm

It is around the year mark since the departing of our beloved Grondy across the sea upon a carven ship of great beauty from the Grey Havens. There is almost not a day that he is not upon my mind. I wish, I so wish those of you who never met him nor have read any of his posts could somehow look through a magic glass and watch him so to speak.
In my mind Grondy was a man of greatness, with a fine intelligent yet practical mind, a firm resolve to walk always in integrity. He seemed so very very honest and was forthright. Sometimes he talked of his past and it was to me a most exciting movie on its own and made Grondy larger than life. I could actually feel the strength of his character, a very physical presence when he was online and it was his words I hurried to find each day to start my time in this magnificent place exploring thought and feeling.
I hope Grondy dear you are happy and I know you are well and sure you are at peace.If you can please remember those of us still here in Middle-Earth ,living ,struggling at times, ever watchful of the enemy hidden and plotting out there somewhere in dark places.
Oh that you could be here dear friend to join us in our little celebrations, our gatherings and assemblies on this good Middle-Earth, how joyous such a thing would be. But your place here, ever adorned and kept up, never forgotten , must be content with the remembered image of you, the essence of all that you were when you walked this ground, smelled this good air, and beheld 'the faces' assembled about you in conversation and friendship.
Thank you for all you did for Planet-Tolkien, all your good advice, many times hilariously given,your compassion and your firmness when needed.
Grondy, we bow in appreciation and deep respect for you.

If any of you that walked in his exalted circle or had friendship with him or a kinship of thought would like to join with a few words in this thread,please do.

Gimli_man43

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#2 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm

I wish I had the words to describe what Grondy meant to me and all of those here at PT, but sadly I don't. All I know to leave here is two quotes:

"We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are" -Calvin and Hobbes

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" -Dr. Seuss

leelee

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#3 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:55 pm

you are so wrong dear Gimli, that was nobly and beautifully said and what you chose made me catch my breath, those words are so true . Thank you so much for contributing, I am sure our Grondy appreciates those words 

Amarië

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#4 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:01 am

Good old silly, clever, wise Grondy. How I miss him. But it is good to see his posts in older threads. Thank you for this lovely thread, Leelee. 

"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

virumor

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#5 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:00 pm

I can't believe it's already been a year. RIP, Grondy.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

leelee

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#6 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:34 pm

You are welcome Am, my honor. Yes one year and my tears have barely dried and they came fresh again as I pondered Grondmaster and the many wise and truly hilarious things he said. Such a rich and full life. I had forgot that he had a son as well as a daughter and then the granddaughter came around the time of his departure across the sea. I remember how proud he was , I could almost feel the joy and pride lift from the page he wrote about it on and I was so happy for him. My prayers are with his family, it has been my experience at times that it takes nearly a year to even truly comprehend the loss of a loved one and start over in a new way.

leelee

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#7 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 pm

I just took the time to read all through Grondmaster's memorial thread and I highly recommend it to all those who want to know a bit about the character of this wonderful man, grondmaster of this council. And to find out just how devoted so many were and still are to him. The link also shows a picture of him, his dear gentle faces so fits his avy, just wonderful. love you forever Grondy

Loss

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#8 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:49 pm

An entire cycle not having Grondy here?!  It's a sad time, but enough to think of him.  He has always been a funny Khazad-Dumish Manager, a humour that could solve the most complicated of opinions and a great friend.  Rest In Peace Old Friend.

leelee

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#9 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 pm

such a kind heart you have Loss the magnificent.

galin

IN MEMORY OF GRONDMASTER

Post#10 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:32 pm

It does seem strange that it's been a year already. I recall sending a private question to Grondy, and he handled it wisely and without making me feel foolish for asking.

Hope all is well wherever you are Grondy. Here you are missed!

Return to “General Discussion”