A riddle question....

grondmaster

A riddle question....

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tommy: Assuming you have not been black-listed for swearing *he says jokingly*, you have to ensure you have logged on the Planet-Tolkien via the World Wide Web to get into the chat room. I have been bitten that way a couple times. When you log on, just use the following: http://www.planet-tolkien.com and then when you click on the "Chat" link and enter your handle you should get in.
'Share and enjoy'

Ungoliant

A riddle question....

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello & welcome Boucka - interesting nick, what does it mean?

I don't remember seeing either riddle in the Hobbit or LOTR - maybe Plastic or Grondie can give you a better answer since they're the riddle masters around here. I have a dirty answer for the first one which will probably 'cause Taz's flaming icon to appear & boot me off PT for good, so I won't post that here! :)

grondmaster

A riddle question....

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to the forum Boucka.

No, I have seen neither of your riddles in Tolkien's writtings.
'Share and enjoy'

Boucka

A riddle question....

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello there!

Actually, my nick is a rl nick that I somehow acquired when I was very young. I read ALOT and friends and family started calling me book-a (short a). Well, sometimes I would be so engrossed in a book that they would say "Boooo KA!" That seemed to sound better than Booka, as in book, so a new spelling was born. And there you have it :)

Is there a way to contact people while they are online, within this forum? Pm'ing or the such ? Very new here and haven't learned all of the nuances of this place. Thanks for responding !

Boucka

A riddle question....

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks Grondmaster. Am involved in a contest of sorts and I have 4 riddles out of 10 that I don't have an answer for. 2 of them, I am told I am very close but that is all that the gentlemen throwing this contest would say.

I wasn't sure that these 2 riddles were from Tolkien but thought I would check to be sure. I have absolutely no idea on these whereas the other 2, I think I have a shot :)

I had answered several and then when looking for these 4 riddles, I found the answers to a couple that I had already answered in the Book of Exeter.

Thanks again!

Oh, mayhaps you could point me in a different direction on finding clues to riddles?

By the way, very nice forum you have here. Have it bookmarked now :) And now that I will be persuing some reading of Tolkien, I know where to come!

Ungoliant

A riddle question....

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You're welcome - we're always glad to see new people, especially book lovers, around here! :)

Actually we had the instant messaging feature in the old forum before it crashed, but I guess Taz hasn't managed to get around to putting it back in yet. So for the time being, we just yell at each other through 'Information' - best to check that section at least once before you go.

And don't worry about being new - we were all that once - and there are no nasty characters here ready to bite at the first opportunity! Enjoy the ride!
*ungoliant

TomBombadillo

A riddle question....

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

*stupid
Welcome, Boucka. No, never saw the riddles either in Tolkien's books. They don't sound very Tolkienish either, do they? :)
I didn't even know we had that Instant Messaging system. Guess I only watch the forum news... :) And the site now and then. Maybe you can try logging into the chat room when you see any other members online here. If they aren't there, just do like Ungoliant said, shout at them! :D
(I can't log in to the chat room, *taz, Grondy???)
Denial is not a river in Africa.

PlasticSquirrel

A riddle question....

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello Boucka *bites* ;) No idea about the answers to your riddles, but I can tell you that neither of them are from Tolkien I'm afraid. Also, I'm rubbish at riddles unfortunately, and shouting, or mailing is the best way to get hold of any of us. I think the IM system is still on the main site, though I'm not sure.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

PlasticSquirrel

A riddle question....

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh the old http:// no www. problem! Yeah, you did use to do that a lot didn't you Grondy. Still, it's a lot quieter without Tommy there! And I don't think I've ever heard her swear ever! Very ladylike.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

A riddle question....

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Never heard me swear? Cos I always put **** whenever I want to say sth nasty... But it remains the same point... :D
No, I think I've found the problem. I've recently installed a firewall, and it keeps the chat program from entering I guess. :mad:
Will see what I can do... :)
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “General Discussion”