Which Element describes you ?

leelee

Post#1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Last evening as I lay waiting to fall asleep, I considered Middle-Earth and then ours and I thought of different people on Planet-Tolkien and images came to my mind. I began to wonder how each of us might describe ourselves and thought a simple way to do it would be to name ONE ONLY element- wind earth fire water and tell which describes us best.

For me I would say definitely Earth. I love water and fire and wind, but earth, the rich soil upon which hang the rythmns of planting, watering , growing, harvesting and all the beauty in each action soothes my soul, brings me peace., So I am Earth
Anyone else like to give this a try?

Indis

Post#2 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:47 pm

LeeLee, are you also down-to-earth person?

This is a interesting question. I'd say Air probably (which is also the element of my zodiac sign, if anyone believes in those things, I'm not).

Why Air? I am a volatile person, my mood can change dramatically in one minute. I'd love to have more calmness in my behaviour (Earth is very peacefull in my opinion), but just like the air - I can be quite quiet and then suddenly something moves me. I wouldn't  see myself  as Fire element, because Fire reminds me of an extrowert person, very bold, brave, dynamic. I am a very sensitive person, I tend to  think a lot about things. I can see some zephyrs and windstorms in me, not a steady flame. And I'm afraid of deep water, so I discarded this option automatically.

leelee

Post#3 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Indis I think yes I am very down to earth in the fact that while others may live their dreams in a singular way-in other wards they basically feel to put their selves first in order to achieve that dream, time away from family , going away from loved ones to do what needs to be done- I would never think of it. Although I have been a dance teacher, women's editor, worker with elderly, worker with battered, abused and at risk children, I have been able to do these things and still take care of the needs of my loved ones. I have turned down marriage twice since the loss of my loved one in order to ensure my children would never be distressed by someone that would not love them like i do, I could not do it. I take longer to achieve my dreams but the hard way is what i chose and i am content. I am very prudent with money and yet in the end the hoped for things come. And for whatever reason and I do NOT understand why , people flood to me for comfort and hope or for counsel and honestly I can barely cope with my own life. I weep day and night, mostly in private for any one in this world who is broken and hurt and alone so really I don't make for a fun time with others. Therefore I am a private person a lot. And yet sometimes , it used to be much more, but I cannot rid myself of people who come and see me or meet me and think I am hilarious and want to be around that. They cannot understand I use humour to help them heal, I do love humour , but am basically a serious person. So, yes I am rather earth bound and grounded although I write children's fantasy books, full of faeries and ancient teachings, full of quests and strange heroes and heroines. Go figure!

My littlest one is volatile also and terribly sensitive, in fact she has an anxiety disorder. So one moment she can be peacefully drawing, she is a genius in art, and the next , feelings hurt she is trying to kung foo me, it can be hard,. But what a heart and I am thinking you too have a wonderful heart Indis. How glad I am you are come to us. I mean that.

arwen undómiel

Post#4 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:59 am

It's long ago since I have post on a thread, except some game threads. But here I go:

I actually can't choose which element. I love water, I like swimming. The oceans, the rivers and the lakes are always so beautiful. Fire is something that radiates power and strength. It's not something that appeals to me.  Air and wind have something magic. I can't describe what but when it's windy and I walk outside, it feels for a moment that all my worries are away. Earth is something special. I love nature. Trees, plants and flowers are so beautiful and lovely. And al the animals are so wonderful and special in there own way. I can't choose between them. The one can not exist without the other. If there was no air, there was no nature, and when there was no nature, there were no animals, and we and the animals need water and air to live. So I don't choose one.

But if I most say one than I say Earth. The calmness that the earth and nature radiate. I'm a quite quiet person. I think a lot about things. Sometimes I think deeper about things than most of my classmates and children of my age. I don't know which element is a symbol for rest.

It is not a really answer to your question. But I was thinking about it so I thought to post something.

P.S. if there are any spelling mistakes, sorry, I'm not very good at English.

''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Thorin Oakenshield

Post#5 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:52 am

Only a few posts later and I already love this thread! Thank you for sharing, each one of you! Somehow reading your posts I feel like I know you personally, especially you Leelee. I need no convincing to belief in what you have written because that posts echoes the feelings and emotions that I have come to attach to you in my years here! :)

As for myself I would say that the Water Element suits me most. While I love earth, its scents and the wonderful things which grows out of it, I identify myself with water. Each and everyone of us have thoughts and feelings and dreams known only to us, as well as hopes and expectation. One can say that I view myself as an Ocean known to ships who travel through it. But the knowledge is limited to what they see on the surface. The real person lies underneath, in the depths of the ocean where few people, if any can go.

An ocean of unknown depth, where real beauty, understanding, knowledge and thought are  kept out of reach of people. Its a place of secrecy but delight and love for me. I do not share it willfully because people are too greedy, self centered and money minded these days. They do not understand things like piety, pure love, Truth and compassion.

Thus like an Ocean or water, I am accessible to everyone who wants to know me, but my true self is hidden in the depths of the ocean where only those who can, see through to it. :)

The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

Indis

Post#6 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:34 pm

That thread is great for knowing more about the people who share your interests. I have to say that the things we analyze here aren't definitely something that I would gladly discuss with everybody I met online. And writing that, considering I'm still a newbie here it says a lot about the PT forums.

I love your justification, Thorin. 

And Arwen - it is a tough choice indeed.

LeeLee, thank you so much for being open enough to share those very personal thoughts with me. With us actually. I am always far from judging people I meet online, but from your posts I can totally see why people seek for your help - even the way you're writing here is based on kindness, respect and appreciation for your fellow PT members. It's a rare thing to observe in the Internet based relations. From my experience at least. I am a very private person too, and I know exactly from what experiences in my life does it come from (along with the sensitivity) - not exactly a subject for a public discussion, but as you can see - I'm already telling you more about me that I did anywhere in the Internet. You have some power, woman!

Oerath Windsoul

Post#7 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Yeah, yeah, By the way, Rachel. Hullooo! Considering this thread.. I'm not much into these kind of things, but if I'd have to choose an element, it would definitely be wind.

My whole artistic name is based on it, and it's the strongest force on this earth. Wind, it can create devastating, but miraculous things.

It's a force that shouldn't be toyed with. It's a power that is able to undo anything that  stands in it's way.

Whether it's winter or summer, the power of wind is undeniable.

So, Oerath Windsoul goes for the windy days!

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

Thorin Oakenshield

Post#8 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I have to say that the things we analyze here aren't definitely something that I would gladly discuss with everybody I met online.

That is absolutely spot on! We might not be as numerous as we were before, but we are certainly a tight group, family and a band of best friends. I myself am a rather private person and rarely share personal things with others, but PT is different. We are not weighed down by personal feeling, or how people see us and we are able to express ourselves without fear of being judged.

I am a member of a few sites but PT is the only one where I have actually shared my real name or info with what some might call "online people" but who I consider as real friends!

Thorin Oakenshield

Post#9 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm sorry for double posting, but I was going over your post again Arwen and it is almost as if I could hear you reading that post. It is very touching and thoughtful from someone of your age :)

LadyAlyss

Post#10 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 am

I love this thread, what type of element someone thinks they are like tells you much about a person

I have been told many a time that I am like water and I totally agree.

It is tranquil and passive in general but has its moments of rage and anger. I am not quick to anger but as water can be churned to a fury I can too.

Water seems to have a clear aspect to it and is quite transparent and like myself as I could not hide anything to save my life.

Return to “General Discussion”