I REMEMBER

leelee

I REMEMBER

Post#1 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:00 pm

I have created this thread to honor those, that for whatever personal reasons have left our site for more than three months to date.
For a start I will choose Halbard. He in my opinion was a highly intelligent deep thinker, who was also incredibly humble and appreciated the little things in life. i learned so much from him and miss him very much. Come back if you can .

leelee

I REMEMBER

Post#2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:28 pm

When i was a new face here there was a fellow called Lord of All who used to crack me up. He was a rather in your face guy and not afraid of standing up to anyone including the illustrous council members. He had a few sparring matches with our darling Grondy and once with me. I really miss him

leelee

I REMEMBER

Post#3 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Cloveress, if you happen to drop by from time to time and you read this, I miss terribly that joyful, intellectual and down to earth personality always so delightful each time you posted.

It was Cloveress, a teen, who i remember giving awards for the Post of the week. And she would give awards to us as well for such things as the most proflific poster, the funniest, the most likely to win the hearts of others, it was great fun and we all waited breathlessly to see whom she chose. It was how I came to learn about others in a more intimate way and it helped me navigate my way through these hallowed halls of Middle-Earth.

I remember when she was so excited to be getting her driver's license and how bitter sweet her goodbyes as she left for college. May the stars of Middle-Earth shine brightly upon you little one.

Elbereth

I REMEMBER

Post#4 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Oh Leelee, it's a pity that so many PT members don't post anything from long ago. I can imagine how you feel. Me, at the moment I am quite new here so I cannot miss anyone. That makes me really happy, because I am very fond of them.

Please go on with the list, I am sure there are more people that deserve to be remembered and who knows? maybe in brief they come back and smile reading this thread. It would be a kind of dedication.

leelee

I REMEMBER

Post#5 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 pm

When the Grondmaster , Grondy we called him, died and I tried to log in but there was a picture of John  instead i felt like I was falling into blackness. I cried for a full week. I only came to this place and dared to stay for the love and respect i held in my heart for Grondy. His wisdom, humour, sometimes his gentle rebuke and his vast knowledge of Tolkien was honey to my lips, a balm for my heart. I always looked for his posts first before and read them as if they were something ancient, once buried and now come to light. I miss you so very much Grondy, and I love you forever.

leelee

I REMEMBER

Post#6 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 am

Mellon, after Loss, was my first friend on this site and such encouragement she gave me, I still think on it. She was a friend on facebook when i used to be on it, such a vibrant lovely face. Miss you dearest.

And dear Sian o the green, later just Sian. She and i have shared many thoughts and her practical wisdom and way of seeing things got me thru a great deal of pain . I can see her so clearly sitting on the steps in the great fresh air ,blue skies and I miss her awesome posts. Come back dearest.

valedhelgwath

I REMEMBER

Post#7 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 am

What a great idea for a thread, Leelee. I hope you don't mind if I add a few names from when I first joined the site many years ago.

Allyssa – The first person to speak to me when I first stumbled into the Planet Tolkien chat room after becoming a member of the site. Allyssa was along with Grondy one of the first two Council members, and also the founder of the Writers Guild. She was the person who encouraged me to begin writing short stories myself and whose request for a story featuring the sons of Elrond, prompted my Rangers of the North story. I also remember her being none too happy when I wrote a paragraph featuring a Godfather parody in which Asfaloth’s head was found in Glorfindol’s bed in one of her shared roleplaying stories.

Rednell – Another of my first friends on PT and another early Council Member. Nell helped run the Reading Discussion group and topped my list of the PT member I would most like to sit and have a beer with.

PlasticSquirrel – A musician and writer, PlasticSquirrel was quick witted and world-wise. His early discussions with Ungoliant were not particularly “family-friendly”, so it was a surprise to us all when Taz made him a Council Member. Taz was right though, and we saw a new responsible PlasticSquirrel emerge.

Eryan – A Polish scientist and writer who studied ants. We shared many posts and emails discussing short stories we had each written.

Gnampie – Another scientist who had studied ants, wrote short stories and shared many a post or email discussing topics with me.

Tom Bombadil – Tommy was a young lady who at first was annoyingly obsessed with trying to gain the top number of posts on the site from PlasticSquirrel and Grondy. Once she learned the gap was actually getting wider rather than narrower she replaced quantity with quality and became a valued member of the Old Gang. Last I heard she was disappearing off to Russia to study.

42 – Because 42 worked aboard tall ships, we shared a passion for the sea. Strangely, possibly because of her line of work, I went almost a year thinking 42 was a guy rather than a girl.

Elfstone – A great guy who played great guitar on a blues CD I still regularly play today. We often discussed getting together for a beer if his band ever came over to tour in the UK. Elfie always presented a thoughtful argument to his discussions and was for a short while another Council Member. Unfortunately, the last I heard his PC was dying, and I have not heard anything from him since.

Ross – What can I say about Ross, other than he hated the LotR films, continually told us all how much he hated them and berated anyone who dared to like them. Ross, more than anyone else created work for the Council Members before finally getting himself permanently banned. I do miss him though.

ProgHead – Proggy shared my love of Progressive Rock and we spent many an hour discussing music with PlasticSquirrel.

mellon

I REMEMBER

Post#8 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:18 am

My dearest Leele I'm still around .though not as often as I used to be.

PT is the place where I find Peace.wisdom .lots of JOY and Happiness.

I often think  our dear Grondmaster whom thougth me so much

I hope you are well Leelee..Love and hugs across the sea

leelee

I REMEMBER

Post#9 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 pm

Mellon! I burst into tears when I saw your avy. Thankyou dear one for dropping in. It means the world to me. :)

Val I remember 42 and Plastic and a few of the others. I used to take time to read older threads and I was swept away. I remember Elfstone as well and greatly admired him. Ross, I am not sure, have to check back. And the others I am not that sure. But just having you and Mellon drop in is a trip back memory lane and a dream come true. You have no idea how much it means.

I really miss Gandalf Olerin, he said he would try to post more often and then he somehow slipped off the radar. I hope you are alright Gandalf. He helped me personally in so many ways, i don't know what I would have done without his insight and prayer. He is the best

arwen undómiel

I REMEMBER

Post#10 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

btw Leelee. I added Gandalf-Olorin accidentally to my buddy-list and I saw that his last login was on 14/07/2012. So that isn't very long ago. It is some time ago since I added him. And I never have delete him from my buddy-list. So sometimes when I looked at my buddy-list I saw that he was online. The last time he was online for almost every day, until the 14th.

''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Return to “General Discussion”