ELVEN GUILD

leelee

ELVEN GUILD

Post#1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 pm

This is in your honor Amornil, I hope you come home to us soon.
I would like to set this guild up in a clan style. In otherwords if an Elf from say Beleriand should come on he or she could state how things were or are there, what the chief concerns might be. And the rest of us would give our thoughts first about that before the next person comes and says where she or he is from if different. Sort of like the town hall meeting type of thing where troubles or concerns or messages of joy like the birth of a child or something like that is discussed.
I want very much to create a sense of community, of blood ties and love and fellowship in the Elven world .
Any one of other types of persons such as dwarves ,Hobbits, etc can visit and if they too have a concern in their world we might help. But the main subjects will always be we elves, our thought, our families, our crafts, our travels and the like.

Wenlesael Isil

ELVEN GUILD

Post#2 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:45 am

This thread was worth logging on for! What a wonderful idea. I really think it could take off. I guess I will start. (:

I am a messenger of Galadriel. Roaming around Middle Earth, bringing news to people is my job. As to relations, I am the son of Celeborn's second cousin. I would love together the all the other elves of Lorien to start a working, socializing, happy community. Online Middle Earth here we come! (:

~Wen

leelee

ELVEN GUILD

Post#3 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Welcome dear kinsman, come into my rooms here at Imladris, specially kept for me by our dear Lord Elrond. If you , after I have refreshed you with honey wine , fresh bread with fresh butter and the fruits of the season, care to follow me, I will show you the breathtaking suite of rooms reserved just for you when you come to the last homely home and take your mental and physical rest before resuming your travels.

Both of us being from Lorien, from the land of whispers and ancient things, have much to share and I so welcome a bit of news. I am a very distant cousin of our Lord, but even a drop of blood is sufficient to glue us together in heart and mind. Namarie.

Wenlesael Isil

ELVEN GUILD

Post#4 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:53 am

Ah, such a welcoming is a luxury for travelers as myself! The king of the golden halls in Rohan, is hospitable, but more rustic. Gondor believes too much in solemnity and uncomfortable pride. Only in a haven of restoration such as Imladris can hospitality like yours be found.

Dear sister and friend, as you stand there before me, serving me with familiar refreshments I cannot restrain from smiling at your veiled, but earnest, eagerness to hear the tidings of your home. May the truth be told, and not withheld as I relate our Lady's words.

The Forest of Fanghorn has been shoved, pushed, and hoarded farther from its original standing place. Even to the extent that it almost mingles with our grand trees. The great Shepherds are distressed. Hastening is not there way of doing things. So now, on the boarder of Lorien lies a shrunken, barren forest that is forever being attacked. We can do very little in ways of helping and it leaves us filled with sadness.

Now, since I have told you these things, please do take me through this wonderful place and ell me your news. Anything that my Lord and Lady may take interest in. Something to cheer them in this time of bitterness.

Rukain

ELVEN GUILD

Post#5 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:33 am

This is wonderful, a community for us elves. I feel rather out of place at a hobbit festival or dwarvish tavern. Thank you, Leelee, for bringing a place for us elves.

Though I reside in Rivendell, I once dwelt in Mirkwood, once Greenwood the Great. I sometimes travel there for a while, as I have just returned from doing. What a thing to return to! Good Wen, this news of the ancient Fangorn troubles me. Can there never be a perfect peace? Well, there is always comfort in the company of another elf. I wish you and you're Lord and Lady well, Wen and Leelee or Lothlorien.

Things also are not well in Mirkwood. Evil things gather in the dark. Their presence is looming. There is a shadow gathering there that may well soon burst upon us. If only I needn't carry a blade at my side. I would that we could all be carefree, spend our hours in song and story telling, not in preparations for war.

No battles have broken out yet, and there is still time, but very little. But even now I may rest here in the halls of dear Imladris. Yet there is always that worry.

I send my regards to the Lord and Lady of Lothlorien. Be well. Namarie

leelee

ELVEN GUILD

Post#6 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 am

Dear Rukain, welcome, welcome.The two of us will wait as you bathe and are refreshed in the room furnished for you is prepared. We of Lothlorien are so blessed to have the love and support of Lord Elrond, his noble sons and the inhabitants of this glorious place. And, although the elves here are somewhat different in their approach to things , living in such a place stimulates thought and brings peace slightly different than that of the golden woods of Lothlorien, still our hearts long for the same things. We desire lofty and noble thought and gentle ways above hilarity and noise and rushing about for the exhileration of rushing about. We tend to have a slight sadness lingering over us as we contemplate what was and the reality of what now is; of the choices we must make shortly-to go on the last great ships of Cirdan the royal shipwright- or stay and face the slow decay of our people without the contacts we had before of the beginnings after our awakening.

Now we three are together . I am grieved at how quickly the news has worsened in the areas of which you speak. Yes and when i was visiting in The Shire but two months past, I noted with quickening distress the number of 'strange' men at the inns, sneaking about in the fields, all up to nothing more than spying for the enemy of us all, Sauron. And too many times the name of the once noble and good Sauruman linked with Sauron. He has betrayed us all and now seeks our demise along with the enemy.

For now we have these blessed sanctuaries that no evil has touched. How long we can keep it that way is a question I have no answer for. Ah there is our summons to the last meal of the day. How fragrant the honey cakes smell, I am hungry. And after the sons of our Lord Elrond have some news and then there is to be a lay by several elves who shared a victory just beyond the Misty Mountains not long ago. I am curious to find out what happened. Come dear kin and let us go to dinner.

arwen undómiel

ELVEN GUILD

Post#7 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:21 am

Heil to the elves!

Hello, I'm a young elf. I'm from.....what sould I say......I'm an elf who wanders through Middle Earth. I have seen many things. I also have heard about Mirkwood. I have seen the shadow of many evil things in that forest. We all have to be careful. Some time ago I was wandering through the borders of Gondor. There is something wrong there, I could feel it! We have to be careful who we trust. In this time we will found out who our real friends and enemies are!

I'm very glad and I feel honored to may rest here for a while. I can't say how long I will stay here. I've never been on one place for a long time. I hope to find rest here in the beauty of Imladris. I'm tired of wandering. But I may look and sound sweet, and I'm sweet. *smiles* But if there is need for a fighter I will help! I've learn many skils on my journeys.
But for now I will rest.
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

leelee

ELVEN GUILD

Post#8 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Welcome young Elf and be refreshed in all things. But why are you a wanderer so young, that is not usual to be with your people and learn Elvencraft and lore and be with family members to learn all the ancient things. Which family line are you and who are your parents, did they die fighting, especially your mother? Please explain.

Rukain

ELVEN GUILD

Post#9 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Welcome to Imladris, young elf! I too and curious as to why you so young are wandering. But first, rest, eat refresh yourself! Take your time. I have heard the news of Mirkwood, and some of Lothlorien from dear Wen, but surely there is more in your knowledge. When you are ready, and not before, I ask you join us in one garden and tell us your tale and the ones you have heard of the world. I am glad of your arriving here, young Arwen, and hope you will stay some while. Even a wanderer cannot say no to a night of tales and songs in the Hall of Fire, can she?

Be well and please tell us your tale when you feel the time is right.

leelee

ELVEN GUILD

Post#10 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Ah Rukain, your words are like silk and surely bring comfort to our newcomer. How quiet this room is, how beautifully but simply decorated. Everything a work of art. And the sound of the clear water falling down , a great waterfall and ending in the dark cold pool, wonderful. Look out the window friend Elf, see the stars in numbers past comprehending. Such peace here, it almost breaks my heart that all Middle-Earth cannot be at peace, enjoy freedom from slavery, of untimely death and grief. For this little moment of time while we wait for our sojourner I shall drink in the absolute quiet and peace and be content not to say a word.

Return to “General Discussion”