Farewell to Planet Tolkien.

Amras

Post#1 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Men, Elves, dwarves and hobbits, and I can't forget the Uruks. Sadly this is the time, the time in which I sail from this Planet. I much regret leaving here, I may never get the chance to browse through Grondmaster's old forums or post myself. Maybe never to chat with the jolly Gror again. I depart around eight days, that is the expected time. It's been such a pleasure messaging, chatting, and messing around with all of you. You will never know how much of a honor it was to be amongst fellow fans, and hopefully I will return sometime in the future. I will be able, at limited times, to still be on here for the present.

First of all: To the most sadistic, cynical, elf with a heart of gold, Curufinwe, he changed my course with his words here that only he and I could know.To Gwindor of Nargothrond, who was my guide and a wonderful fellow. Then, of course Taz, for creating this website and de-banning me:] To Arwen Undomiel, who became one of my best of friends here, who was a compassionate Evenstar that will not fade. Gror, that lovable, understanding fellow Aussie who was a dwarf even the most arrogant elf could befriend. Balrog's, the friendly Balrog who was a pleasure to chat with. Glorfindel, whose wise words which only his brains exceeded in. And to, Galin, Brego, Indis, Gothmog of Angband, Zodiac, and others who I may have forgotten. Then, In a class of her by herself, Missy. Nirwen, who was loads of fun and a trusty loyal, chapess anyone could ask for. It was to short of a time know such a admirable, Tauriel like elven princess like her, Nirwen.
Crikey, I almost forgot the dearest dragon poet of the age, Oerath Windsoul. This bard was a wonderful, understanding person who had a excellent taste of music. Oerath, was a fellow with wisdom, perseverance, and a golden mouth of a Poet worthy to be remembered next to Longfellow. Alas! I hope in future, it might be in years, I will be able to return to you. Namarie to Cur, Arwen, Gror, Oerath, and especially Missy. Namarie,

Amras.

ps. I might be able to post a few more times.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#2 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:18 pm

This was so unexpected. So, you're saying that this site is going to lose it's Sherlock; Batman; The Mystery Disappearer that is Amras? ;/

I am not good at throwing in farewells..

So, and yeah, 'The Dragon Poet of Ages Old' should be my next working entitle.

Actually, now it's definitely going to be.

For.. Behold.

Always remember the dragon poet of ages old

He, who never felt any warmth, whose soul was that of ice cold

None truly knows, where he journeys forth, how his mysterious life unfolds

But we remember him from healing of the worlds; the dragon flights and burning nights

His war drumming; silent hymning. The wilderness is his home, there even the daylight answers to his call

And he shall remember the one, they call Amras. He, who holds wisdom from the realms beyond

He shall uphold his legend and deeds heroic, and spread the word about his many stories yet untold

Farewell, Amras. And one day, may you return back to us. It's been fun, it was good to get to talk with ya. You'll be missed.

'But may your paths be green and the breeze on thy back. Through golden valleys full of crystal clear lakes and magical forests, you ride on without rest.. Never looking back.'

Namarie.

- Oerath Windsoul.

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

Nirwen Celemirsel

Post#3 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Amras!  Imagine my surprise when I saw the new post that said "Farewell to Planet Tolkien'!  My first thought was, I wonder who it could be?  And I definitely wouldn't have imagined it to be you, but . . . as our dear Batman/Sherlock/Davie is leaving, I for one - and apparently Oerath too - must give you a proper send-off.  Although I have no idea what exactly a proper send-off is, I will try my best. 

You are like the rock (funny considering you enjoy surfing) on here.  Between Cur's sadistic streak, Gror's hilariousness (I don't know any other way to describe it), Oerath's seriousness, my own weirdness, Taz and Arwen's helpfulness, and the apparently genius Glorfindel I have never had the pleasure of meeting myself, you are the center of the storm.  There is no way I can describe all the elements of your character I have discovered while here; you are a practical person at one moments, the next an amusing jokester.  I just can't describe it.

You are the one responsible for my decision to join PT.  When I first found this website, you were on here and chatted with me, firming my choice to create an account and add my opinion to the discussions and threads.  You were also the one that made up my mind to get the Silmarillion and read it; I am halfway through now thanks to you.  And so many more things I can't even name them all!

I will deeply regret not having you on here with a witty reply to something one of us say, or having a perfect answer to a thread post, or just chatting about nothing in particular ("nothing in particular" meaning code for Tauriel;-).  We will try and keep this site working while you're gone, but we might fail, so don't be surprised if you pop back in five years from now and find a big frowny face in place of the front page ;-D

Thank you so much for the kind words on one of your last post; I couldn't believe I had made an impact in the few months I've been on here.  When you revealed your Land of the Lion story, I couldn't help but go "Wow!  I didn't know he was a writer!"  You have a natural knack for storytelling, and it makes would make history incredibly interesting to listen to.  You will make an amazing history professer.

And so, Amras, for the first and last time, I say, 'Savo 'lass a lalaith,'  'No veren,' and 'Novaer' (Sindarin).  Farewell, our Aussie, surfing, phone-lugging, mysteriously-disappearing, hilarious, Faramir-look-alike, Tauriel-crazed fan, and absolutely amazing Amras.  I hope you come back someday soon.  Namarie,

Nirwen Celemirsel

curufinwe

Post#4 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:52 pm

I've never been good at goodbyes, usually I just wave at people and say "see you later" or occasionally "bye". If I do that now, though, it will only serve to cause you pain both unnecessary and useless. Despite what you may have said about me being sadistic, I don't wish you pain unless it serves to achieve some slightly higher purpose, and any which I have inflicted upon you has been so that when I finally say something important, something which must certainly be true and thus will probably be nice, it truly means something.

And so, all I can say is: Farewell, wherever you fare, till your eyries receive you at the journey's end; and when they do receive you, may the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.

namárië...

Amras

Post#5 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:17 pm

My many real thanks to Otto, that was really beautiful goodbye poem, I could never do that... and that is a complement.

Curufinwe, ...you haven't changed and I hope you never do! The Planet needs the sourest, sweet person on it.

Missy, wow... that was really wonderfully sweet of you. And believe me, if you can, hahaha, I will severely miss our chats and argues about my Silvan elf. And you HAVE made a big impression on me, and a truly splendid one mate! And I was holding back... you finally found my element. Thankyou, dearest missy.

Guys' and missy: i Will miss you very much indeed, and I hope you will still be here if I return.

Nirwen, best of luck, and I will come back with that degree and in the robes, well you know what i mean:], of a professor of History. You may think I will forget about this place,.. but I promise seriously, that I will return and I won't lose you guys or missy.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#6 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:03 pm

You can count on us all being here upon your glorious return. Right, folks? :)

Anyway, I'm glad you liked of it. It was a short call; short poetry, but I thought that there couldn't be a truer way for me to wave goodbyes to anyone. It had to be done by the writer me.

I guess there's nothing more to say, 'cause to say farewell twice sucks.

Oerath bows and leaves the hall.

glorfindel

Post#7 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:11 pm

For this is one of my favorite quote, I'll leave this for you.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oerath Windsoul

Post#8 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Short, yet a magnificent farewell quote, Glorfindel.

Amras

Post#9 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:29 am

Well, here is the gist, I think that I presented myself poorly. On August 25, I have a life- endangering operation that could wind me up in a coma or dead. This has to happen or I will probably succumb to disease before the year is done. The doctor said I have a 62% percent chance of not coming out of it. If I do come out, I will be going to an advanced college to smarten my writing skills and English writing before ...Times will be difficult,... but just telling you guys what i should of said earlier. Farewell,

AMRAS

curufinwe

Post#10 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:29 pm

Trying to understand, having the operation results in a 38% chance of recovery and a 62% chance of either death or a coma? Or is it a chance of either death or coma, and if it is a coma, then there is a 62% chance to come out? What is the disease, and how long have you had it? If you do go into a coma, what are your odds of ever coming out?

I just sat trying to figure out any other way to say what I just said, and I ended up realizing what I wanted to say when I clicked Reply in Thread. Amras, don't die.

Return to “General Discussion”