What do you think would happen if Sauron got the ring?

Arwen_RingBearer

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Something bad In General?
I guess..... I wouldn't know, he did mess around when he had it so i would say that this is my final answer.
Estel,
Elen sila lumenn omentilmo,
Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au',
Amin mela lle.
Arenel Arwen

Peredhil

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think he would take over M-E but only after a big resistance from all the free peoples. There would be a long war but in the end it would be inevitable. :dead: Unless a young hobbit volunyeered to go to Mordor and steal it while Sauron's asleep, if he does sleep... :smoke:
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Peredhil

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Note: that signature is probably wrong, so I'm just about to change it back.

Eowen

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

that was actually a very interesting post Peredhil, because I think that it actually might not work for a hobbit to go and steal the ring because the orcs might take watch in shifts. Anyway, I also think that Sauron may not sleep.

virumor

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sauron would win then.
He would kill or enslave every Man in Middle-Earth, kill every Elf and enslaving all Hobbitses.
He would become the Lord of Middle-Earth till the end of time.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Airecristiel

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh what a horrible thought! No no no! I just don't wanna think about it!
*Airecristiel is in total denial*
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
/Oscar Wilde

Arwen_RingBearer

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree with Aire, why do we have to talk about such a "dark" thing anyway??!!! But i changed idea, i think that some really important Man will kill him and take the ring.
Estel,

Elen sila lumenn omentilmo,

Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au',

Amin mela lle.

Arenel Arwen

valedhelgwath

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

With the Ring, Sauron would undoubtably defeat Gondor and Rohan. The armies of the Free Peoples would be no more, except to fight an underground war against his armies. The remaining Dwarves would bolt their doors tight, as they did in the second age, and the elves would either flee Middle Earth or would go into hiding. Hobbits, too, would be enslaved if they did not go into hiding.

However, Sauron's dominion would not last forever.

As Arda will reach its true potential as Iluvatar imagined it by the End, at some stage Sauron would have to be defeated by someone in order for this to happen. If his power became too great for the free peoples to defeat alone, at some stage I'd imagine the Valar would interceed as they did against Morgoth.

Peredhil

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

An interesting thought Val. The Valar would almost definitely intervene. The only question left is why didn't I think of that??? :P:

MadWannabe

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah, I agree Sauron's Dominance will not last long. However, I fear the Valar will not intervene this time...and I think the elves will pass to the west...because all the beautiful things that they came to Middle-Earth for would have been ruined.( In my opinion, they came for the silmarils and the beautiful things they wish to see and have a realm of their own)
The Dwarves would have been conquered and destroyed...leaving only a few ragged bands of Dwarves leading a rebellion. ( IMO, Sauron hates dwarves as they cannot be corrupted and thus dominated to do his bidding...so he will just destroy them so as to elimate the threat they pose)
Well...as for man, Gondor and Rohan will fall but they will fufill the role set up for them and eventually defeat Sauron ( It is said that Man will overcome evil with their great courage in the end)

Return to “General Discussion”