What do you think would happen if Sauron got the ring?

grondmaster

Post#51 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:12 pm

I'm sure the modern days for him was kind of summarized as Sauron.
Or a just a continuation of the harm Melkor/Morgoth caused.
'Share and enjoy'

loni

Post#52 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:51 pm

Quite right, Grondy. Wasn't there something in the Silmarillion saying that when lies are sown they can always be reaped if there is someone to reap them? And of course there's always someone to reap them. So if Morgoth had ben stopped from the very beginning none of the bad stuff would've happened. If some other bad guy didn't come and do the same thing.

bugyfeanor

Post#53 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:28 pm

Dunno... I mean, there's always good and evil... How could we name smth good when there's nothing to compare it with?!

And remember Manwe's and Mandos' words in the Silm:

Evil may yet be good to have been... and yet remain evil.

Namarie!
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

icefangs

Post#54 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:15 pm

Well, losts of evil things. Sauron would return to power... Orcs and Uruk-Hai would run amuck on the planet... Thousands would die... the Elves wouldn't be around to join with the humans this time, so it would be an eternity of dictatorship...well prolly not dictatorship, because Sauron would kill everyone and the there'd be no one there to dictate...

Edited: October 17, 2004 @ 7:14 p.m.

YAY 500 POSTS!!

loni

Post#55 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:36 pm

YAY, SEVEN HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE posts!!!!! I agree, Icey. Well done about the 500 posts thing. But can you write five hundred in tengwar? I feel proud because not only have I 740 posts, I can write it in Tengwar. Cool, eh? I feel proud.

icefangs

Post#56 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:22 am

Amarië moved that the tegwar chat to the tengwar thread: tengwar charts

darklordsauron

Post#57 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:06 pm

if he got the ring then maybe the valar might fight against him like they did to melkor

glory findel

Post#58 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:40 pm

I agree Darklord sauron I think the Valar would come ad fight sauron....Sauron would hav no chance whatsoever, I don't know if Sauron would be frightful or honored,hmmm...

bugyfeanor

Post#59 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:09 pm

I don't know about the Valar... I mean, yeah, they're nice guys, yet they're just the governors of Arda, making sure Eru's plans are fulfilled. If Sauron would dare too much (like the Numenoreans did), they might fight him back... If not, they might not interfere; after all, Aman is no longer in the Circles of this World...

Anyway, this is just a thought. Sauron would not rule eternally; no one does, no matter how strong and invincible he might seem at some point. Every empire which rise will someday crumble... It's the inexorability of time, I guess.

Namarie!
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

virumor

Post#60 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:29 pm

Without the Valar's intervention, i think Sauron would indeed rule for all eternity.

Who would defeat a Sauron with fully recovered power, with almost no Elves and no Numenorean blood left? I think Elfies in shining armor would be needed to save the day, just as in the War of Wrath.

It would be possible for an army to return to Middle-Earth : after all, anyone with the grace of the Valar, can-- look at the Istari, and also Bilbo, Sam, Gimli and Frodo taking the straight road.

Lucky this wasn't in Eru's masterplan.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “General Discussion”