Treasures

icefangs

Treasures

Post#1 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:31 pm

There is a myth of an ancient treasure lying deep in the Misty Mountains. It is a powerful treasure, one whose power could perhaps match that of the one ring. Many have sought this strange treasure and that same many have failed, miserably, for their quest has cost them their life. Mystery surrounds this treasure, mystery, and curse. All those who seek it die horribly, though no one knows why. Those very few who survived the trials to reach it, were dead within seconds of being in its prescence. To lay eyes upon it, one must be true of heart, and true of mind. There are inumerable trials that must be overcome to reach it, inumerable beacuse no one has survived to tell the tale.
"Blah, blah, yada, yada, yada... All this ancient mumbo-jumbo crap is getting on my nerves," Icefangs said to herself as she put down her book. Outside her home, the familiar sounds of the night were unusually loud to her sensitive lycan ears. Ice smiled to herself, thinking about tomorrow, considering if she was in her right mind to go chasing after imaginary treasures. She blew out her lantern and curled up under her blankets. Then she put her pillow over her head, and fell asleep.
The next morning she woke up, finding herself lying [u]under[/u] the bed, again. Wow, she thought, I must sleep pretty wild. She crawled out from under her bed, standing up slowly. She stretched, gingerly flexing her aching, cramped muscles. Picking up her knapsack that was thrown against the wall, she slung it over her shoulder and prepared to leave. Then taking one last glance over her room in the great city known as Rivendell, she grabbed the book, entitled, ancient myths and legends of Middle Earth, and walked out.

Etharion

Treasures

Post#2 » Tue May 04, 2004 7:12 am

Very nice begining!!! Go on....

icefangs

Treasures

Post#3 » Tue May 04, 2004 3:32 pm

I'm just waiting for someone else to post, that's all, like, so maybe I can have a traveling company or something...

Icefangs walked slowly down the dusty road. A few horseriders passed her. She shivered, being scared of horses and all. She just kind of traipsed along, kicking rocks with her boots, idly swinging her tail back and forth. While she walked, she read some more from the book...
The only trial that is currently known about is the first. In this challenge, one must overcome the Diaspawn, strange creatures whose name is derived from Diablo, devil in Spanish.

Etharion

Treasures

Post#4 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:35 pm

On a grasy hill by the rode , a elf lies and seems to be reading some scrolls.>Ah,god day , my lady!< He quickley puts them away in one of the numerus pockets on his robes.>How are you today?And where are you going?<

icefangs

Treasures

Post#5 » Fri May 07, 2004 5:13 pm

Icefangs bows quietly, saying, "I am called Icefangs, or Icey, for short. I am going, err, treasure-hunting." Icefangs grinned, twitching her ears slightly as a breeze shot by. Then realizing that she had showed her wolfish ears, pulled the hood of her cloak up over head and sat down beside the elf, hoping he wouldn't notice.

loni

Treasures

Post#6 » Fri May 07, 2004 5:41 pm

"Good day to you!" said a female dwarf from behind whom they hadn't noticed. "Sorry about this, but I'm looking for treasure, and I sort of don't have any experience, and my Dad says come back with treasure, or don't come back at alol, and I can't exactly say no, coz he's the King. Any idea where I could get some treasure? And why are you out here anyway?"

icefangs

Treasures

Post#7 » Sat May 08, 2004 2:45 pm

Icey turned and stared at the dwarf with her piercing dark eyes, but instead of acting angry, she smiled. "Well, hello to you, to, miss dwarf. I know where to find some treasure, but, before I reveal any information, what is your name? To answer the question of why I am out here, I am also searching for treasure. What sort of treasure do you seek, for I know alot of good places to find treasure." Icey stood, still smiling, and held out her hand. Another gust of wind came by and blew Icey's hood off of her head, revealing her elvish features and wolflike ears. Ah well, she thought. If these folks are afraid of my wolfish digits, then let them say it and get it over with, so I can know if I have some new friends or not.

Etharion

Treasures

Post#8 » Sat May 08, 2004 2:55 pm

The elf looks around a bit mifed because the interuption in what would certainly be a nice talk with the elf girl. >Ah, a dwarf women eh? Well yes im looking for tresure ...again!!!< He then sees the elfs wolflike looks and seems just a little bit anoyed. >Ah, of course. I knew you couldnt be a normal elf, because that just never hapens to me...I mean i had skeleton,pirate,druid,fallen angel,naked cleric friends and they were all ok, but for once i just wish it to be someone normal. No offence against you my lady (he bows) im just remembering a few naging memorys from my past. So where should we go then?<

icefangs

Treasures

Post#9 » Sat May 08, 2004 3:09 pm

Icey sighs, "I'm sorry I'm not exactly normal, but for that, you can blame my dad. He actually was a wolf, enchanted to become human, um, used my mother and now here I am, wolfy ears and tail, and senses, too. And the dwarf woman certainly seems normal enough." Icey begins to sit back down, and changes her mind. She stands, saying, "The treasure I am hunting is hidden deep within the Misty Mountains. If you, sir normally normal elf don't mind that I do have a certain uniqueness, then I should say you are welcome to accompany me. And you, young dwarf, may come if you so choose." Icey brushed herself off and put the book she was holding back into her bag. She continues, saying, "Sir elf, what is your name?"
_______________________--
(Heh heh. "normally normal" I crack myself up!)

Etharion

Treasures

Post#10 » Sun May 09, 2004 8:57 am

Oh please, call me Etharion. And i dont mind you being a wolf. Well, the Misty Mountains eh ? Well lets go then, but we must be carefull !

Return to “Roleplaying Guilds”