Menzoberranzan

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#1 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:14 pm

I'll try my vewwry hardest to stay online and not grounded for this thread.

This is about the Drow city, Menzoberranzan. (The thread called, "The Drow" got me thinking about another thread about them.)

Menzoberranzan lies deep within the Underdark, with the nearest city being Blingdenstone, home of the deep gnomes, or svirnebli. The drow are a dark and hated race with the majority of them evil and malicious from birth. (keep that in mind if you choose to join; the drow are evil, have absolutely no problems with killing their own, if it helps raise their position in the city's twisted hierarchy.)
There are 64 houses in Menzoberranzan, each house has a Matron Mother, the mother of all nobles in the house; the rest, men or women, are only commoners. Nobles have the ability to levitate, commoners do not.
Women in the city are considered far more important than men, and are trained from birth to be priestesses of their dark deity, Lloth. Young drow are sent to the academy, which comprises of Sorcere, school of wizards, Melee-Magthere, school for fighters, and Arach-Tinilith, the large, spider shaped structure used in the training of priestess.

There have only been two 'good' drow, Zaknafein Do'Urden and Drizzt Do'Urden; not everyone can be good, if you decide to be, then you must be RP that you hide your 'good' actions or feelings from your fellows. You could, of course, be a svirnebli; they are neither good nor bad; they are just there, wanting only to mine gemstones and precious metals from the rock around them. The priests of the deep gnomes can use emeralds to summon elementals; great beings made of rock to fight their enemies-the drow.

This RP is based in the city. You can name your house, your house's standing, your position in the house. Though this RP centers around the first 10 houses, you may come from a house higher in behind that number and attack one of those houses at any time; I, as the Game Master, decide who wins the conflict.
If the attacking house looses the conflict, the matron of the first house enacts punishment on them; even if they do succeed, every noble of the attacked house must be killed; less they use the rights of accusation against the opposing house the city's 'justice' is put into play; the matron of the first house (Matron Yvonelle Baenre of house Baenre) exacts Lloth's judgment on the house, summoning demons and using the students in the Sorcere school to summon magic spells against the walls of the house.
Drow do not disdain on house one taking out another; if a house is destroyed, and no nobles remain alive, then the house if forgotten and the houses move up in line to replace the 'nonexistant' house.
The matrons of the first eight houses reside on the city's ruling council, where the nobles would go to use the rights of accusation.

*Ah, rules, rules, rules. This RP is probably too complicated unless you've R. A. Salvatore's 'The Dark Elf Trilogy; namely the book called Homeland.*
*You can be nearly any race, but be warned that surface elves and drow (dark elves) despise each other. So do deep gnomes (svirnebli) and drow.*
*I hope that this thing isn't too hard to get into. Enjoy!*

rue auburn

Menzoberranzan

Post#2 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:41 am

Hmm... sounds interesting, perhaps after I read it a few times I'll post a bio.

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#3 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:53 pm

Alright, take your time. I was starting to wonder if anyone would reply to this thing...

Etharion

Menzoberranzan

Post#4 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Ah, i see someone has been doing their home work on the drow. I think you even surpased my knowleadge concerning the drow. I havent had a chance to read that book, though i glimpsed it a few times here and there. Very good, im just sorry that i dont have enough time to get involved in this serious RP.

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#5 » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:41 pm

That's okay; at least you were able to check in, Eth. *hugs* *hugs again*
I missed ya!!!

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#6 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:02 pm

In case anyone was wondering, I have returned from my mom's...

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#7 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:09 pm

Okay, no one is posting in my newest RP.... the sadness is frightening. Maybe I shouldn't have made it so complicated....

anatea(seajewel)

Menzoberranzan

Post#8 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:31 pm

hey there icefangs... this sounds interesting... i don't know much about the drow, but I can learn so.. guide me through it...

could I be a matron? of the 2nd house maybe... or a noble and be able to levitate... still deciding, but yes I will join your thread...

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#9 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:49 pm

YAY!!!! Thank you so much Anatea! You could be a matron, just name your house and yourself. I'll help ya along the way.

icefangs

Menzoberranzan

Post#10 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:18 am

BAH! I give up on this thing...but oh well...I thought it was a good idea....:D

Return to “Roleplaying Guilds”