Losse's Inn: Riddle Night!

Amarië

Post#1 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:04 am

I moved this here, since this is where RPGS shold be posted. But it was nice to try and bring some life into the Golden Perch. :)

Elessar lossëhelin posted Posted Wednesday 7th December 2005 in The Golden Perch - Losse's Inn: Riddle Night!

so the threads in The golden perch are a little low here, a difficult thing for many people, in my inn there are 2 rules:

respect what people say
have fun (but you gotta pay for your drinks unless you are someone that i know and that flatter me in some way to get a free drink!)

Well as itz riddle night (and it will be every night)
i will start with a riddle and if someone answers it correctly, they must give us a riddle or pass it to somone else.

so in a way itll be a 'Gollum, Bilbo riddle match, except more than two will be helping out

Example of a riddle:

Thirty white horses on a red hill,
First they champ,
Then they stamp,
Then they stand still

A beautiful classic, but now to my one;

Through it comes vision, unreal sight,
Visits in day even at night,
Enters at will, can bring smiles
Confuses the soul for hours and miles

and ill tell you what, the person who answers this correctly can have a drink on the house!

Elrose Posted Thursday 8th December 2005

*BAAAM* the door slams open and in strides a tall dark ad lean guy...or a short, fat burhobbit (wots that?) anyway, the important thing is that Elrose has arived! "A dream dear inkkeper! i was visited in the night! by a dream! it said that the answer to youre riddle was "a dream" and that evn if it isnt that you, being such a fine and handsome innkeep will give me a free drink!
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Loss

Post#2 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:34 am

okay Ama fair enough, i can see the mix up , it could be entered for either RP or TGP, im okay with that.

Loss

Post#3 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:37 am

Aaaah yes my good friend Elrose, well done my lad, you may have a free beverage would you like to give us a riddle now?? Losse stepped down and stood behind the bar wiping some glasses clean for ready new customers

iesseus reyndous

Post#4 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:56 pm

Suddenly a tall slender man burst through the door.He was very tall,a human tree and he sat down and said,"Gimme some vodka ."and he managed to mutter "Please."

iesseus reyndous

Post#5 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:45 am

Name:Gargoax
Race:Half Man Half Demonic Gargoyle
Clothes:Black ripped up t shirt,Black pants.Chains hanging off of his arms and legs.
Appearance: Fiery red eyes,Two huge curved horns on head,Long razorsharp fangs,Spikes coming out of body.18 foot wings.
Weapons:Two crooked swords made of Dragon Hide and Orc Blood.Cross bow that shoots flaming arrows and of course his foot long claws and fangs.

Loss

Post#6 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:18 am

"you seem in a rush but now your not, you aint gonna rush this coz this is my very special vodka, it was shipped in from Beleriand. Enjoy, now pay up!!" Turning to Elrose, have you thought of one yet, im interested in what your riddle is"

elrose

Post#7 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:52 pm

haha riddle master srtikes :-P uhh ok...

hmmm...

oooo ya....

Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is

hgehehe...

ranelera

Post#8 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:45 pm

lol good one Elrose but I, RANELERA, am much too clever for your petty games (j/k) but the third word in THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE is language lol
1. the
2. english
3. LANGUAGE!
lol but have to give props to icey for the answer, she helped me!
Do i get a free drink as well? lol

Lets see, my riddle to you is:
Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?

Loss

Post#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:30 am

'very clever, that would have bugged me till and i would have gone mad

hmm i will give you a free drink only if i know you or as i said before, you flatter me in some way.

im waiting!!'

ranelera

Post#10 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:44 am

hmm lets see, where to begin. . . . . .you ar the most ravishing, most talented, most intelligent, bestest artist, most all out auwsome person on this site!

Return to “Roleplaying Guilds”