The darkness of khazad-dum

arath

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:52 am

It is the fourth age. Dwarves are strong again and men flourish. Only elves are those who still whither in the havens.

Dain of the lonely mountain has grown his people strong. They have again learned to forge great armor and weapons. The thought of retaking Khazad-dum their ancient home has grown whit the people. The lords of men have given no thought to the ancient halls. They were reminded of their existance by a old man who came from the west.

He was riding long. He had already been nearly everywhere. This moment had been planned for too long. He rode to the white city of men and did the job that was given to him by the king under the mountain.
When the next morning came many oddlooking posters were seen all around the lower circles of the city. They were as this:

The great king of dwarves asks for all bold and hardy adventurers to come to the mountain. A great adventure awaits them. If the deed is succesfull they shall be awarded whit a kings heap of gold!

And in the very bottom of the poster read as such:

This invitation call especially dwarves. For it concerns them closely. All are welcome tho.

These odd posters were everywhere. The odd old man had taken them to every city that he knew. And he knew many.
Now that hes deed was done he set out for the mountain.

Meanwhile a host of dwarves came from the blue mountains to the lonely mountain all equipped for war. It was time for great deeds once again.

Fionwë Urion

Post#2 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:51 pm

OOC: Awesome prelude!

A richly attired figure was standing in front of a pillar in the Grey Havens, reading a poster pinned to it. He turned as a maiden came towards him. "It's time for me to go out once again. This is something of tremendous importance. Khazad-dum is to be retaken, by force if necessary. And since it's one of the last strongholds of goblins, it is necessary," he said to the maiden.
The next day, after saying his farewells to those he knew, he took his leave of her, and rode out of the city. He rode fast, stopping only by Tom Bombadil's House, and Bree, before reaching Rivendell...

Ar-Edain

Post#3 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:42 am

I'm in!

Rokey, a disgrace to the Dwarven ranks, read the flier with relish and doubt. One voice in his mind said," This is it, if you retake Moria, Khazad-Dum itself, no one will ever mock your bumbling in the forge again! Let's see them laugh when a hero hits his thumb over the anvil..."
Another voice, however, was less hopeful, "It's only wishful thinking Rokey, this kind of thing just isn't a job for you. You had better face it, you're hopeless. Everyone is kind enough to you most of the time just because you're Bokey's son, and he made the throne for the King Under the Mountain. You should send word to your brother about it, he was the one that rescued that Gondorian prince from those trolls. Besides, this is going to be extremely dangerous. They finally banished you from the forge two months ago to prevent you from hurting yourself anymore, the best thing to do is just stay in the kitchen where it's nice and safe..." Whatever came after that was drowned out by the sound of Rokey running home down the crowded subterranean hall to pack his things.
"This is it," thought Rokey, standing up twice as tall as he usually did. He was walking quickly up the corridor now, towards the enormous hall where the Iron Hills Dwarves dined as a community every morning for breakfast. He passed the door to this hall and entered the one beyond it. As he turned the corner he muttered "Just don't look at it!" unassuringly in Dwarvish.
The room was a kitchen. Rokey had been sent there, he felt he had been banished, for his own good after he narrowly avoided being burned to death in the forge. He had been leaning to close to some bits of metal he was working on, it was his first major commission. Anxious to do well, Rokey broke his longest string of accident free days ever when he reached out an arm to support himself while patiently waiting for his fetal door-knobs to reach the right temperature. His hand landed right on the forge-bellows and his face was engulfed in flame. Panicking, Rokey dashed across the forge, screaming and slapping at his fiery face. His perfect brother was the one who saved him. Everyone else was too shocked to do anything, although they were all truly concerned for Rokey, who was not a bad dwarf, just annoying and clumsy. Tackling him to the ground, Rokey's brother shoved his massive, gloved hands into Rokey's face. Rokey was almost too embarassed to get up. The other Dwarves were crowded about. Finally, Rokey managed to stand up by forcing himself to hope that no one had noticed. His eyes were sealed shut, but he knew his brother had saved him beacuse he recognized his voice.
" Are you alright Roke?" his brother had asked with genuine concern. As soon as Rokey, eyes still shut tight, nodded affirmatively, everyone burst into loud laughter. Rokey opened his eyes and saw nothing but the door as he walked out silently. The only thing that could have been worse was if he had cried, which he had been too ashamed and embarassed to think to do. He entered breakfast the next day to a dozen re-enactments of his accident and a roar of laughter.
"I'm leaving," said Rokey timidly to the lady-dwarf that ran the kitchen he worked in.
"They've let you back to the forge!" she said cheerfully, she had been the only person kind enough to give Rokey a job.
" N-no..." began Rokey, fingering the edge of his newly re-grown beard," I-I have to go west!"
"Blue Hills?" she asked.
Rokey was looking desperately for something to say that didn't have the name "Khazad-Dum" in it. He opened his mouth...
"I have cousins in the Blue Hills," she stated as she turned back to some eggs she was frying. Rokey was so relieved that she hadn't waited for an answer that he forgot not to look up from his boots, which his eyes had been fixed on the entire conversation. He saw it. There in the corner to his right was the trash despository, piled high with broken dishes that had last been whole in his hands. He felt sick.
Yelling "Good-bye!" to the female dwarf over his shoulder, Rokey pretended not to hear her inquireries as to the length of his absence as he headed for the exit of the mine.

arath

Post#4 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:52 pm

Fionwe could you take over for me til i get back for a longer time?

corgon swiftblade

Post#5 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:09 pm

hail floin and master dwarf your kin came to our peoples aid when we needed help and i come from gray havens to answer the call to arms from my kin and offer you this token as proof of our renewd friendship" corgon said and handed the dwarf nearest him a beautifull elvish made mythrill double bladed battel walking ax. with a deep bow. " I awate orders with a request that i have three dwarvs uncer my comand with there consent of corse." he said to floiwn

Túrin Turambar

Post#6 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:15 pm

It is the fourth age. Dwarves are strong again and men flourish. Only elves are those who still whither in the havens.

It is not the fourth age. Dwarves have never been strong, men have flourished since dawn and Elves have withered since their beginning.... a tragic comedy if you will.

Fionwë Urion

Post#7 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:12 pm

OOC: haha, very funny. Sure, I can take over for a little bit.

People have been coming for days now to the city of Dale, below the Mountain. Many were still arriving. The promise of gold had attracted the largest number, others were there looking for fame from the deeds of arms, some, seeking adventure. But there were few, so few there, who could be of real service in this mission, those who knew the mountains, and the goblins, who had fought them before and knew how they fight. These are the ones who stood out, by their very actions and conversation. If only there were more...

Fionwë arrived after days of travel, to Carrock. He had a long way to go, but he was close. Every place that he stopped by, which could help, he left messages and gained promises of assistance when he should return. He was known to a large number of people, and had rendered much service to people around these parts...

corgon swiftblade

Post#8 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:16 pm

"good flowin how was the hunting for help my old friend there are truely so few who could help even in such a number as this maybe a fimialur face will ease the troubled look on your face." corgon called from a rooftop as he walked by.

Fionwë Urion

Post#9 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:58 pm

"Troubled? Why, I'm gleeful! There is nothing to be troubled about, yet. But it is good to see you again friend," he replied.

corgon swiftblade

Post#10 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:06 pm

and i you come have a drink on me for old times sake. corgon said waveing his hand to a chair next to him.

Return to “Roleplaying Guilds”