The Khazad-dumish Inn.. Please watch your head coming through the door.

robbin\' wood

Post#1221 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:47 pm

i guess it helps to take voice lessons in real life...

hey Grondy have you found someone yet to pick up the things on the things needed list?

eva lilith

Post#1222 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:35 am

"What kind of soup did you have in mind, Mr. Grondy? I don't think they want barley beef soup with sundry vegetables again so soon- or is it soon? Anyway, what do you want? And you might want to take up Calin on that offer to get stuff- I'm not even sure I can make soup, as I haven't seen the state of the pantries lately."

eruwen

Post#1223 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:40 am

"This is quite the route you're taking me on, Laurel. How in the world did you find it?" Eruwen made her way up the tunnel fairly easily, lightly tredding through the dirt and debris so that she didn't brush any back on Laurel. However, she still found it quite the trek compared to the quick drop of the dumbwaiter shaft. It was Claw who was causing all of the trouble, getting under her hands and feet, brushing dust into her face.

"Ya know, I thought it would be better to get a group together to get the goods down there. There's quite a bit of stuff. It sounds like the other pathway has been opened now, so perhaps we can start to actually use the stairs for what they were intended."

They came out the top of the path and Eruwen looked at the room. "Seriously, Laurel. How in the world did you find this?" Eruwen looked down at the dirt on her hands, "Ah darn. Would you look at that? I broke a nail."

grondmaster

Post#1224 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:23 pm

"And Calin, here's your tankard of Gimli's Finest, as well as some fresh Watcher Rings. If you would really like to go grocery shopping for the K-Dumish Inn, then I better talk to Eva about anything she needs added to my list, so as to bring the larder's stock back up to snuff."

"When you've finished your snack Calin and are ready to go, come see me and I'll give you the list and send the House Troll along with you, for to guard the gold and do the heavy packing."

"Yo Eva, hows about some creamy cheesey cauliflower and brocolli soup? Else some good old fashioned Fangornian onion soup? Or Maybe even both? And here is the grocery list, please add to it anything you think we'll need in the next week or so. Calin has offered to do the Inn's shopping."

"Here's you some taters and venison Valin, plus a wad of Old Toby fer your pipe." continues Grondy as he also topped off Valin's tankard. "Oh, and Gimli's Finest is ale, not beer. Beer is what we serve the drunks, namely Loni now she can no longer tell the difference."
'Share and enjoy'

laurelindhe ilmarin

Post#1225 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:00 pm

"Better to break a nail than your arm, I'd wager. And don't ask how I found the tunnel...it sort of wasn't there until recently..." Laurel trailed off, then told Eruwen that she was glad she found a back way into the cellars. "Just in case, you know? Now, if you'll excuse me, I haven't been the best barmaid of late, and poor Eva has her hands full. Ah. Here's the hallway where you bumped your head! How is that bump anyway? Well, I'll bring you a tankard as soon as I get something cooking. See you out there!" With that she scuddled off, grabbing her apron from her room and heading downstairs into the bar area, still covered in dirt from the climb up from the tunnel.

robbin\' wood

Post#1226 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:55 pm

I will take the list once eva has taken care of her listing and then leave with it and the troll. after that who knows how long i will be gone... but the inn will return to normal hopefully.

eva lilith

Post#1227 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:55 am

"Hmm... the list looks good, except it needs the addition of onions..." Eva quickly scribbles down onions at the bottom of the list. "Here, Calin, I think that's all we need. We don't have enough onions right now for the Fangorian stuff, Mr. Grondy, but I can whip up a pot of the creamy cheesey cauliflower and brocolli soup right away." With that she heads for the kitchen, wondering vaguely how long it would take Laurel and Eruwen to come up the back way and where they would come out.

eruwen

Post#1228 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:01 pm

"The tunnel wasn't around until recently?" Eruwen questioned Laurel. "Interesting." She eyed Laurel curiously wondering to herself how she really knew about the tunnel.

As they started to walk back to the main room, Eruwen almost hit her head on the beam in the hallway once again. "Oh sheesh, thanks for the warning," she said lowering her head, just missing the wooden obstruction. "I could have been knocked out again. Not good."

They reached the main room, and Eruwen sat down at one of the tables. "Heya Grondy. Could I get some food and drink please? Perhaps it can be taken off my payment for finding the source of that terrible moaning," she said as she lifted Claw onto her lap and started stroking him. "By the way, you may want to send some strapping men down there to get some of that aged wine and brandy. It's excellent!" she said with a slight hiccup.

OOC: This is going to be my last post until sometime in May. Take care everyone! Talk to you again soon.

grondmaster

Post#1229 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:08 pm

OOC: When I took up running the Inn for Gimli, I found I no longer had to sing for my supper and my middle grew too large for the suit, the sequins tarnished, and I wasn't very good at it. :elkgrin:

"Okay," says Grondy to the House Troll, "You go along with Calin, she has the list for the groceries; here is a bag of gold to pay for them, don't use it for anything else, or let any one make off with it. You are to carry the groceries back here. And most importantly keep Calin out of trouble." "Calin, it's not that I don't trust you, it's just that we need those groceries so we can eat this next week."
'Share and enjoy'

loni

Post#1230 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:24 pm

"CAN I COME TOO?" shouted the dwarf, whose voice was breaking. (Hey, we can have beards, why can't we have breaking voices too? Equality!! And in return you dudes have permission to get pregnant.) "CAN I CAN I CAN I?" And everyone groaned because they knew she only wanted to go so she could drink all the booze before it reached the inn.

Return to “Roleplaying Guilds”