A Journey That Never Ended

Oerath Windsoul

Post#1 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:14 am

Hello, folks, this is 'A Journey That Never Ended', and I will strive to keep this a pure RPG thread, in which you all can have your own characters and join me for a journey that I never was able to finish.

We shall all start out with creating our own characters, so here I go. Once you all have your characters, I will decide a place of meeting, and from there we shall begin our journey towards the cold lands of north.

Introduction

My name is Oerath Windsoul, but I often use one of my many aliases/secret names, so when I walk amidst ordinary and common folk, I'm known as Saegron Ithael. In truth, I'm a very powerful wizard, who has been in hiding for countless of centuries, if not for whole ages. I was one of the few to ever escape from the hands of Morgoth, and after all this time, I am still afraid to reveal my true identity, but a few know me nonetheless, and more than many have already forgotten, who were the men that once formed 'The Red Circle of Magicka'.

All of those wizards from the past times are still alive, and if I'm right, some of them may have something to do with the disappearance of my apprentice, Xathor.

I've sent out many of my trained crows to deliver the letters of introduction. Those of you who want to come to the secret meeting, follow my instructions and come alone, if you've an apprentice you can truly trust, then he/she may come too. I shall be waiting for news of your arrival, so if you have received the letter, answer either yes or no, and if you choose to come to the meeting, be sure to introduce yourself in the letter of response.

With best regards.

- Oerath Windsoul.

PS. Once we're 5-10 in number, or maybe more, more instructions will follow.

These first posts are about planning and figuring out different things.

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

Mîm the Petty Dwarf

Post#2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:22 am

My name is Mim, the second to be exact. My ancestors before me were petty dwarves and so I am one as well. My ancestors were nearly killed off because they were banned from the rest of the dwarven world. Although I have been excepted back in the dwarven mines and such, I travel with my two sons still. I have a son that follows me everywhere and the other usually goes off on his own. The first son's name Ravun and he will accompany me on this journey. Its always good to have a dwarf with you on these types of excursions. I have to the northern lands many times and I know all the secrets it holds. I will lend my axe for your cause 

Oerath Windsoul

Post#3 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 am

Greetings, Mim. I received your letter of response, and I've accepted you and your son to the company of heroes.

I hope he's ready for a long journey and I also do hope that he has good arms to swing an battle-axe.

I shall stay here and wait for more letters to come, no matter how long it shall take.

- Oerath.

fjorgyn

Post#4 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:56 pm

I am Fjorgyn, and I will aid you. Not that I much enjoy traveling in a world with no ceiling, but you know how I hate to be left behind. And I suppose I really ought to be used to it by now. Oh, my, but I seem to be rambling. Anyway, I'm a dwarf,  as you know, and I do a lot of traveling though I don't really know the surface roads as well as I probably should. Mostly my talents fall toward fixing things, which is how I make my money - it's amazing what people throw away - but I'm bloody good in a fight whatever anyone says, too. Are you aware that if you hit an orc in the head hard enough its skull explodes? Because it does. Also, I'm not mad. You'll probably wonder at some point, but I'm not - I just talk a lot. Except when I get quiet. Which happens sometimes too.

I'll bid you farewell before I start rambling again, and I hope to see you soon. Until then, be safe.

LadyAlyss

Post#5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:45 am

I am the Lady Alyss, Lady in the realm of elves. I hope you'll welcome me into your company, i have always loved traveling with wizards, very good company they are. I traveled far myself but now would like a group to join. i hope i can be of assistance and that you accept me though i warn you i can be quick to anger but then T's hard to be angry with wizards and i see a dwarf!

Oerath Windsoul

Post#6 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:55 am

You're both most welcome to join the company of heroes, Lady Alyss and Fjorgyn.

I am very glad you both decided to come, and I hope the letter came to you in due time.

We're now four in number, but I believe that we should wait for more letters.

So, until then, be safe and remember to avoid the darkening shadows.

- Oerath.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#7 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Good late evening, my friends. I've been thinking, and in my opinion, it would be best to wait for one more week. Whoever enters, whoever replies, he shall be welcome, but only as long as he's not an orc in disguise.

So, week it shall be. The countdown begins now, and after seven days have passed, our journey shall begin.

More instructions will follow on that day.

With honor and wisdom.

- Oerath.

Oerath Windsoul

Post#8 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm sorry for the delay, my friends, but I've to go through a couple more plans and things before I can start this RPG.

My apologies, I'll try finish it all in 1-2 days.

- Oerath.

PS. I've to ease it all due to christmas and holidays, I may not have access to computer for a while (1+ week).

Wenlesael Isil

Post#9 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Greetings from the Trees of Lothlorien.

I see there is already an elf in this company, but it will hurt none if one more joins, I hope. My name is Wenlesael, Wen, for short. I'm a young elf, with ambitious ideas that is in the Lady Galadriel's service. She herself has given me the permission to accompany you on this journey.

I am tall, even for an elf. My hair is sandy colored and my eyes shine blue. I wield a long sword named Foriel and wear a silver green tunic. Yes, I like style.

At your service,

Wen

finrod althor

Post#10 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:10 pm

I am Finrod alThor, a wandering Noldo that escaped Gondolin with quick wit and strong right arm.  I have a well of strength that I can share if asked to accompany this band of travellers.  I have just returned from a quest for triflings for the children of my house and am eager to embark upon another...

Return to “Roleplaying Guilds”