The Elven Guild

arath

The Elven Guild

Post#101 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:01 pm

No, we cannot and must not presume to create any history related to Middle-earth going beyond fan fiction.

Of cource not :)

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#102 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 am

You light my fire, Virumor. Unfortunately you are right again. But I think we can make a little presentation of Avari, right here, in elven guild.

All that you can find about AVARI, post here in this pattern:
[u]ABOUT AVARI...[/u]
source: Tolkien's work, publisher, page, line;
quotation of text, regarding the Avari elves;
comment on the information

I will try to keep here, in this post, links to all posted parts, for all interested to be able to follow.
Nolwe ar alcar >> Wisdom and Glory! Wisdom is in words, Glory- in deeds.
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

grondmaster

The Elven Guild

Post#103 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Galin suggested you see our thread Avari. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#104 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:04 am

And so I did... Thanks.
So anyone with more information about Avari, could post there directly! Thanks to Galin once more!

The thread is as Grondy pointed >>> OVER THERE
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

cloveress

The Elven Guild

Post#105 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:27 am

Hmm... I didn't know of the Shadow-Elf variety until your post, Ammornil. But I'll take your word for them.

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#106 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 pm

It is name for some Moredhel, living in the shadows. Most of them were Noldor and Sylvan.

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#107 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:20 pm

Do you believe that orcs were once elves?

Amarië

The Elven Guild

Post#108 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:45 am

Yes, I think that is the most likely origin. Men or elves or both. Sort of like dogs were once wolves. Orcs are made as a mockery of the Children because Morgoth hated/envied all that they were. It makes sense that he would take pleasure in creating something ugly and evil from Eru's most beloved creations.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

arath

The Elven Guild

Post#109 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Do you believe that orcs were once elves?

Morgoth was not able to create life, only ruin the works of the valar. In the time when orcs were bred only elves walked middle-earth. My guess is that orcs are a crossbreed of elves and somekind of reptile... but my imagination likes to fly and i'm usually way off :)

galin

The Elven Guild

Post#110 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:54 pm

It is name for some Moredhel, living in the shadows. Most of them were Noldor and Sylvan.

Can you reference (from the books) the term 'Shadow-elf' please?

I don't necessarily believe that Orcs were made from Elves -- if I was forced to pick a version anyway. See for example Author's note 4 to the The Drúedain in Unfinished Tales, and Christopher Tolkien's note that follows (still note 4):

'In The Silmarillion the Orcs are said to have been bred by Melkor from captured Elves in the beginning of their days (p. 50; cf. pp. 93 - 94); but this was only one of several diverse speculations on the origin of Orcs.' Christopher Tolkien

Return to “Misc Guilds”