The Elven Guild

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#201 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:53 am

Does anyone know a nice elvish refreshment drinks (without alcohol) for the summer: something with a lot of fruits for exampled?
Nolwe ar alcar >> Wisdom and Glory! Wisdom is in words, Glory- in deeds.
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

grondmaster

The Elven Guild

Post#202 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Well, maybe miruvor is non-alcoholic; and maybe besides warming when the weather is cold, it also cools when the weather is hot. I have no basis for this assumption, but the machinations of Elves are difficult to grapple and this might be the case. :elfwink:
'Share and enjoy'

odette

The Elven Guild

Post#203 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 am

uh...wat is this elven guild?

Estel

The Elven Guild

Post#204 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm

For discussion with the elves or on them I guess.

The Cheesey

The Elven Guild

Post#205 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:38 pm

But with the other folk (Meep) Poppin' in all the time. And Please can you start using proper grammar? This is a forum for book geeks, not hip 'n' withit pplz hu tlk lik dis all da time lid! :tongueelf:

odette

The Elven Guild

Post#206 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:51 pm

sorry.

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#207 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:11 am

The beauty of the words has been neglected, if not lost, these days now. English is not my native language and therefore I much suffer to understand some "every day sleng" (specially American). I enjoy guessing, though. ;)
And sometimes I am not sure if I am using correct words. For example: is it "elven tounges" or "elvish languages" to be used for naming (regarding) the verbal comunication tools of the elves, because I have seen both and I guess they were used with the same meaning?
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

grondmaster

The Elven Guild

Post#208 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Yes, according to this illiterate American, "tongues" is often used as a synonym for spoken languages. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#209 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:25 am

Sorry for not being here for so long, but I have been in meditation and I have been quite lost... :duck: Who could have imagined I'll go so far back into my past that I got confused when returning back and did not knew where was my life when I left it. :)

ammornil

The Elven Guild

Post#210 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:37 pm

I am looking for people interested in Elven languages, especially Quenya. Are there such fellow Elves around?

Return to “Misc Guilds”