Musician's Guild

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:48 am

Hello everyone, I decided to create this thread, so everyone of you, who are musicians or artists, working in different bands or by entirely yourselves, could come to pay a visit - and perhaps share some talks with me. :)

I am a self-trained vocalist and drummer by myself, I am vocalist + partial lyricist in one metal band called 'Agarwaen', and I also have my own project, in which I aim to perform all of the required instruments with a good friend of mine in the near future/years.

Have a nice day. - Oerath.
'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

rho

Musician's Guild

Post#2 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:51 pm

I love music and especially the guitar, but unfortunately I lack the self discipline to learn to play.
Pity Plastic Squirrel isn't here any more, he plays in a band and is reasonably successful I think.

grondmaster

Musician's Guild

Post#3 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:35 pm

I make classical music from score to PC using a Commodore 128/64 program called Craig Chamberlains SID editor. With the use of a stereo cartridge in C=64 mode I can play back 6 instruments at any one time in stereo mode, three to the side. It works very well for the Vivaldi and J.S. Bach concerti. I have a PC program that emulates the C=64 and can play the music via it or another program called SIDplay2 for Windows, which can do the same while running other Windows based programs. I have done works by Beethoven, Bach, Smetana, Mozart, Handel, Ravel, and various works for guitar, including Joaquin Rodrigo's Concerto de Aranjuez.
'Share and enjoy'

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#4 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:07 am

Thank you both for sharing a bit of your knowledge, and Grondy, classical music is truly good. :)
I practise some operatic vocals by myself and like a lot of basic classical music, but most of all, I like of acts such as Therion, which is one of my favourite bands too, just so epic.

grondmaster

Musician's Guild

Post#5 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 pm

I spent two weeks back in June of 1997 working out the 97 seconds of Ravel's Malaguena from his Rapsodie Espanola. It sounds quite good too. LOADSTAR published it on one of their disks for Commodore 64. Most of the time it doesn't take so much work, but to minimalize a score down to only six instruments playing at any one time, was hard. This considering the variety of instruments Ravel scored it for; and he shifted from one group to another about every two measures.
'Share and enjoy'

hrogni

Musician's Guild

Post#6 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 pm

I have been taking piano lessons for 8 years, I can also play the guitar, ukulele, drums, bass, harmonica and I plan to take saxophone lessons when I get some spare time.

odette

Musician's Guild

Post#7 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:55 pm

That is an amazing line up Hrogni.Did you introduce yourself?Guess I missed out.Anways hi and I am learning piano since age 10 under the Royal Schools Of Music,London,though i enjoy listening to music more than I like to play:)
I love Josh Groban,Enya,Indian classical music,hymns,Green Day.Every good sound really.Even the crystal like drop of rain throbbing at the tip of a leaf.Alive and full of music.

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#8 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:21 pm

I am glad to see that all of you came and stumbled upon this thread :)
To speak about favourites, I by myself like mostly of classical music and different sorts of metal, mostly classical influenced, folk/viking/pagan etc.

I am not that beast as a drummer, but I've always liked of singing, and I draw inspiration to my singing from many different bands and acts. My best styles are: Low based vocals, clean styles, more higher singing, screams/yells, hymns, grunts and some operatic, but more experimental vocals of the classical side. In the other hand, I would like to take singing lessons, but then again, I can take care on my own too.

And lately, already quite a few years, I've been training my operatic vocals a lot, and I've made some success in my own eyes, and eventually developed a good bunch of styles, which I am going to use in my own band-project in the near future :)

Well, that's a bit of my singful side, and cheers to all of you, and spend a glorious evening.

- Oerath.

arath

Musician's Guild

Post#9 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 pm

I wonder... Is there anyone else beside myself who plays guitar? :)

estel

Musician's Guild

Post#10 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Hello every one!!

I play bass and a little drums and keyboards, write lyrics and sing.

it is metal music that I play and sing but i enjoy all music to listen.

Been in a band called Dead Center Universe for over 10 yrs.

Omneya

Return to “Misc Guilds”