Musician's Guild

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#51 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:29 am

I'm glad you liked of it, Elbereth, and thanks. I've thought about joining to a choir of some kind, it would definitely strengthen my classical side of singing, also I could take some classical singing lessons. that would be nice. My range is bass-baritone, or something like that.

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#52 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Hello, I've two new songs online in my youtube channel. Those are more darker and heavier songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJRymJtWsbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8xof1Whc8o

There's a lot of simple mistakes in my drumming, but I was quite tired at the moment we recorded, so it kind of doesn't matter.

Elbereth

Musician's Guild

Post#53 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:22 am

Hey! They await in the shadows.. this is very Metallica first years style, isn't it? I like it. I've been listening to some of your songs in the web and you make a good work. For me it seems impossible at the moment to put music to any of my lyrics. I don't know how to do it? Is it easy for you? I mean to write a poem and then write the music? drums, guitar, etc. It's really hard man!

I will put some of my poems here in PT for you (and the other members of course) to take a look and give me the sincere opinion.

broken heart

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#54 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Well, always when we've recorded those short songs, I've just said to my friend that 'Play something that goes well with these drums.' and so on. It's quite inspirational stuff so far, but after we've recorded a bunch of those 'one-shot' songs, we'll pick up the best of them and begin to practise 'em for possible full recordings with mixing. I can arrange that too, but I won't do it in such an early state.

My drums weren't that awesome in those tracks, but I guess I can't blame myself endlessly for it, since I was quite tired at the moment we recorded.

I am not good at drumming/singing combo, but if I'd learn to be, you'd hear some great bits of my vocals, since I've only scratched the surface with the ones I've in my youtube channel.

And please, do post some of your song lyrics/poems. I've experience about being a lyricist and how to write them to be singable, so I would be glad to read some of yours, and maybe I could try and do some honor to them by doing some vocals. :)

I've a habit of singing poetry with differing vocal styles.

Elbereth

Musician's Guild

Post#55 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:57 am

You work really hard on the music stuff, so I can imagine how much you love it! I don't have such patience. Related to my lyrics, yeah, I will choose some of them and post it here. Anyway, I want the sincere opinion because naturally my friends say: it's quite good! But I have my doubts...

About your voice, I can say that the little I've heard sounds good but if you let me explain, I think you can try and sing in another style because you have a great voice and it seems as if you feel unsure, I mean, you sing in this style (Peter Steele) maybe due to the practice you feel more comfortable, but you can also make tons of different things, I guess you can do it pretty good. I would like to listen to you singing as Jorn Lande, I love his voice.

And the last question? do you play drums and sing? Wow! I love music and all that is related to it, last summer I went to Gate Studio in Wolfsburg for seeing personally the work in an studio from the very beginning until the album is almost in the shops. It's really complicated. I was lucky I could met Mr. Sacha Paeth there, he is very nice and humble person. Even if the work in the studio is tired. He stayed there for 2 hours showing me some details. It was a beautiful experience!

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#56 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:07 am

Here's a short vocal cover that I did yesterday without using microphone. I used likely same vocal technique as Abbath of Immortal (Nor), and I added some twist to it. It's nothing so serious, but it's certainly grim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSWlsf9FyX8

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#57 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 pm

I guess I finally blinked out and decided to start to do some vocal/voice tests. My first video from that category, shows my ability to do a very real sounding robot voice. Next ones in line are: Some pirate voice acting, evil ways to laugh and something rather demonic.

Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgFFcGia-tM

Elbereth

Musician's Guild

Post#58 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:25 am

Dear Oerath, today I could hear some of your music with a little more calm and I only can say "You are at the beginning of your career, go on!". I have listened to the song of Immortal and also Amon Amarth and you sing wonderfully. I cannot tell you if you make mistakes, surely you do but I'm not an expert. Anyway, I like this kind of music but not all the bands and your stuff is pretty good. Not only the covers (that's easier I suppose) but the own creations.

Who Knows? maybe one day I will be watching you in a concert! I have a friend working in a firm which brings bands to Vigo (Spain), he had organized tours for new bands (last one I saw was The agonist from Canada) and also for famous bigger bands such as Cradle of filth, UDO, Gamma ray, etc. When you decide that you and your friends are ready for a "jump". Do not hesitate to ask me and I will talk with my friend in order to give you the chance to play here. It's not easy because of the lack of money actually, new bands must travel low cost and in small hotels meanwhile they grow and get known.

Courage, keep on working!

Oerath Windsoul

Musician's Guild

Post#59 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:13 am

Thanks for your comments and though the videos you mentioned are easily ones I would like to remove from youtube, 'cause they do not meet my own expectations, I won't do that. What is done is done.

It's not so serious after all. What is serious, is my desire to move on in music industry field. I've been trying to contact some bands, and who knows, I may end up to do more vocals, than just for the band I'm currently in.

Here's a link for a cover that I did yesterday. I got from work and decided to sing a song, 'cause that band just quitted recently. Magnificent finnish black metal, sang in finnish. I can't really sing bm in finnish, but I still tried my best, while I drove. (Note from this that my best vocals, definitely, are the harsh ones, since those are as easy as eating breakfast).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKdBSwJahE&list=UUI9p3Yv6n706E0eW-BFECbw&index=1&feature=plcp

What I'm saying is not that I'm so superb at these things, but I'm actually really good. Like I've said before, I don't want to show my real potential through some petty youtube videos. It's just too pitiful way of doing things.

And thanks for the info. Once we get things rolling again, including some new members and second demo, I think we could see about that concert thing after that. :)

I've been doing some little black metal sessions, and my voice is in a very good shape. Some covers inc. in near days or 1-2 weeks.

Elbereth

Musician's Guild

Post#60 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 am

Hei Oerath! I have listened to your new video in youtube and I found out that you sing in a more harsh than ever and not only that, you also change the style a little bit. I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't sound "Oerath" typical sound, it's different. I must think about it. It's strange.

I wish you good luck for finding some guys in order to have a band and try to make path in the field of music industry. I think it is not easy because there are many bands, specially in Finland!! at least band of metal. Even so, you are very young and work hard, writing lyrics, improving your voice, playing drums, trying to define your style, etc. You will play in a big band not too far from nowadays.

I wish you the best!!!

Return to “Misc Guilds”