The brooding club

valedhelgwath

The brooding club

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't like giving advice when it comes to families because at the end of the day, blood is thicker than water. If however, your mother is getting on other people's nerves too, I'm surprised they have all taken her side against you. It sounds to me as though your brother is just annoyed with you because he is now being expected to do the chores that you once did. If he stops doing them, who will she then find to fetch and carry for her? Are there others willing to do this, or will she be forced to come back cap in hand to you?

To be honest it seems she is losing more here than you are. If she is not careful she might finish up a lonely old lady. Once your son is older he might bite back if she continues to bad-mouth you to him.

It's a sad situation though, and if it does not end soon, you and your mother might find you have wasted many valuable years together that can never be regained. Sometimes it is worth swallowing your pride, even if it is a bitter pill to swallow. You might find your mother feels the same way, but she is too proud or stubborn to do so either.

I think what you have to ask yourself is, do you need/want your family enough to swallow you own pride and principles to make this happen. If the situation doesn't improve after that, you can at least step back and say to everyone that you had at least tried and now they can just go and get along without you.

MelliotSandybanks

The brooding club

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

After the last hour and a half, i need to be in the brooding club.nn[Edited on 12/9/2002 by MelliotSandybanks]

gimli_axe_wielder

The brooding club

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I can't stand that annoying Tom person on these boards...

OH.. right... um... nevermind.....
GRONDY WORSHIPER

TomBombadillo

The brooding club

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:grin:
Well you'll have to cope with me if you want to be a member...

Ok the sense of this thing here, is to get rid of everything that's on your mind, have a clear head and be relieved of the things you're brooding on. So tell us what's on your mind!

I'll start:

Things that are on my mind: the divorce of my brother whose wife has left him cos she claims he doesn't understand her. They got along perfectly fine for almost 6 years but all of a sudden she thinks they can't talk anymore, so she leaves. The worst of it all is that they have three children: a boy of six, one of four and a little girl that's going to be two in March. Now these kids came back from a holiday with their father, they move into a new house, they have to go to a new school the next day, find out they'll have to stay in the after-school care, cos their mother can't pick them up cos she has to work, and when they come home daddy's still not there. Of course they are at a loss. They still are quite unhappy with everything, which I can understand very well, but there's nothing to do about it really. I found out once more that the only real victims that come from a divorce like this one, are the children. They'll get over it in the end, I'm sure, but now it's heart-breaking if you see them. When they're with their mother, they miss daddy, and when they're with daddy, they miss mummy. :sad:

Part from the family things, I'm pretty upset with what is happening in this world. And there are quite some things which I just cannot understand. These are some of the questions that keep popping up in my mind: Why does Tony Blair support Bush in everything he does? Why did every tv station I watched on 11-09 broadcast images of the attacks on the WTC? In the end I was so sick I couldn't watch it anymore. I saw it once before and I was horrified, I really didn't need to see it again. Those images will be stuck in my mind forever anyway. Why does Bush want to attack Irak just now? What has changed in Irak over the past five or ten years that made Hussein and his country a sudden threat to the world? What will happen when Hussein is no longer in control of Irak? Who will follow him? etc etc

Ok that was all I wanted to say, you don't even have to try to answer even some of my questions, that's not my intention here, I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks! :smoke:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

gimli_axe_wielder

The brooding club

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

well, I'll try to answer one of them, if you dont mind... as for Bush wanting to attack Iraq, i assume it would be partially because in the past Saddam has said that if he had bio or nuclear weapons, that he would use them on the US.. no one thought much of it, but the Sept 11th happened, and we in the US realized we arent as invincible as we once thought, and the threat of Saddam became much more believable... I sitting here in Los Angeles would be a lovely target for him, and that scares the hell out of me.. there is no more oh, that will never happen.. things have happened, and my security is no more... This may be a different feeling for people in the rest of the world, but for someone that has always lived in a country that is the strongest in the world.. which realisticly, isn't really a streach when you consider the amount of military and so forth we have, any ways.. not to get on a tantrum about that.. All im saying, is that when something like Sept 11th happens, it forces most americans to rethink what they have allways taken for granted, and threats like Saddams become all the more real... that said, I agree with the rest of the world on the fact that I do believe Bush should prove that Iraq is violating the agreements. I believe the UN should be involved, and that diplomatic actions should be persued first. I also believe that if Bush does prove it, and Iraq does create problems for inspectors, then regardless of what the UN says, we should attack.. Many other countries say that Bush is jumping the gun and what not, which he may be.. but the fact remains that Iraqs weapons are being built for use against one country.. the US...

there.. that sorta turned into my brood didn't it!

comments welcome.... I'm not meaning to sound like the obnoxious american here, so if i come off that way i apologize.... nn[Edited on 15/9/2002 by gimli_axe_wielder]
GRONDY WORSHIPER

grondmaster

The brooding club

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I grew up in the 'duck and cover' and 'hide under the bleachers at school' era of the cold war fifties; and then in the sixties, moved to ground zero, the heart of a strategic target area in the event nuclear war. I had respect for MADD and have felt that no civilized nation would use their first strike capabilities; thus I was never intimidated by any nuclear threat.

What we have found post 9/11, is that there are people who have brainwashed their followers into doing uncivilized things in the name of religion. And considering that those followers usually live in countries with repressive governments and have no hope in bettering their futures, are thus susceptible to this brainwashing. 9/11 may have just been the early start of WWIII and Armageddon. And remember, the calendars are wrong, Christ was born in 0004 AD, the actual millennium is yet to come. Now that is, indeed scary.
:superscared:
'Share and enjoy'

Ungoliant

The brooding club

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Eeek! Now I'm depressed. Thanks a lot G :(

What I also find sad is that there is some sort of double standard when it comes to human rights. Now I come from a conservative, but somewhat modern & tolerant society by Asian standards. We have our problems with the fundies, but we either:

1) Stand the risk of being accused harbouring militants if we don't clamp down on them
2) Or get slapped by the same western nations for repressing our populations when we do, and get a long lecture about the values of western style human rights when we throw the fundy loonies in the slammer & chuck away the key.

What's a developing country to do?

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have my country follow China's lead in most matters. Historically, they're the only big or powerful country that's never tried to conquer or impose their values on us. In fact, we used to pay them tribute to get them to protect us...it worked for several centuries too, until the Portugese, then the Dutch, the Spanish, the French, and then the Brits (and now the Americans) came along. After all that we've been through in the past, I'd rather trust (if it comes down to that) an Asian face than a Western one when it comes to my country's best interests.

PlasticSquirrel

The brooding club

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

See now I thought Christ was born in 6 BC, at least it says that in one of my books. I knew that 0AD was wrong, but I thought the actual millennium was ages back. Oh well. I have to agree, last weeks TV programming was unneccessary and not in the best taste. I'm pretty sure that nobody wants to see the same image over and over again, it was bad enough last year, but I'm sure we can remember it alright without being reminded, especially now they have their equivalent "DVD extras" footage, with the still photography, and the documentary crew who just happened to be there. I just had to stop watching TV in the end, exactly the same thing I did as it was happening. Sorry, but it got me really annoyed.
That said, there's always somebody that the US President will want to blow up, it's been Hussein for the last decade, before that there was Gaddafi and Polpot etc. some things will never change really.
That said, the thing that's really on my mind right now is whether to get Milk chocolate digestive biscuits, or plain chocolate digestive biscuits... (I love being this shallow sometimes)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

The brooding club

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:grin: Good one Plastic.

See! It works! It works! :funnylaugh:

Now this is not the depressive topic, is it? Anyone has good news too?
No, don't mind me and get off you mind what's in it. :smoke:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

gimli_axe_wielder

The brooding club

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wait a second... Squirrel is in England right..... and in England Biscuits are for dogs right.....

um..........
GRONDY WORSHIPER

Return to “Misc Guilds”