The brooding club

terrijayne

The brooding club

Post#491 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:58 am

Yes, Onewiththechainsaw, I know what you mean. My teen years were dark and stormy so I can relate to your current somber mood. What got me through was to develop my faith through reading the religious book which dominates it, plus sharing my feelings with my closest friends. By reading the stories of great men and women who lived before me, and how they struggled with (and overcame!) their moments of sadness and despair, I was able to look beyond the present. Sometimes we get so caught up in the moment that we forget that tomorrow is a new day. As long as you keep reaching for that new day, you will make it through the current gloomy one. Take care One..

virumor

The brooding club

Post#492 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:26 am

Prozac helps, Vee. Makes the dark thoughts go away.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Vee

The brooding club

Post#493 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:34 am

Depending on what the problem is, and depending on proper medical supervision - it might help. It might also make things worse.

It is not a cure all for whenever anyone feels down, sad, miserable or even when someone is clinically depressed. It's a hell of a thing to get hooked on. Use with caution.

virumor

The brooding club

Post#494 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:40 am

That's true, perhaps Edronax is safer. But anything is better than Adapin.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

GrevBukMcJern

The brooding club

Post#495 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:50 am

*looks at CNN*

Can I have some of those pills, Vir?
What are you looking down here for?

valedhelgwath

The brooding club

Post#496 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:21 pm

i kno this isnt the exact place for things of this sort, but ive been feeling really down these days, and my grades are dropping, and nothings fun anymore, and i dunno, does anyone kno how to make me better. i need help, cause nothings happy anymore.

I don't really have any advice on how to get out of this one, except to say often a series of problems have one common denominator. Falling grades, for example, can be the result of you having a tough time because you no longer feel able to concentrate on your studies. A knock on effect of falling grades then means you perhaps feel bad about them, which extenuates your whole "feeling down". In the end, as things become worse, you feel as though you are in a spiral.

What you really need to do is try to sit and down and think what could be at the root of all of your recent problems. It could be anything; family issues, school, relationship problems, boredom etc. If you can isolate the main issue, however, and then solve it, you should find the other problems will seem so much lighter.

I'm not sure of your age, but if you are in your mid teens, you will find you are not alone in how you feel. The majority of people go through similar problems at that age, and generally these problems miraculously improve (generally with the leaving of school) towards the end of your teens. It is a natural transition time in one's life, when your world is changing from being a child to an adult.

Often the symptoms you describe are caused by the frustration of being caught in a rut. You may feel as though your life is going nowhere, and you are bored with everything. If this is the case, try to break your rut. Do something dramatically different. Do something you have never done before. Go to places you don't normally visit. Try to meet some different people. Try a new hobby. It's like giving your life a spring clean.

Good luck

Elfstone

The brooding club

Post#497 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:49 pm

Sounds like good advice to me Val!

Sometimes we get so caught up in the moment that we forget that tomorrow is a new day. As long as you keep reaching for that new day, you will make it through the current gloomy one.

Very true Terrijayne, and I’ve been there (alot of us have)! I can remember some gloomy times for me about 15 years ago, and there were a couple of nights where I really just felt like ending it all. I was caught up in the moment, not looking toward the future, and not thinking about the promise of a new day.

Honestly though, the last 10 years of my life have been the best 10 years of my life so far, and I’m sincerely glad that I’ve been around to live em’. The point is that you can never give up hope, there is always hope even when it seems like sometimes there is nothing else, and there is always the promise of a new day! You never know what’s just around the corner in life, so like Terrijayne said, always keep reaching for that new day and you will persevere!
:elf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

floyd_n_milan

The brooding club

Post#498 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:01 pm

My life is a complete mess. I'm a waste. Kill me!!

Elfstone

The brooding club

Post#499 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:28 pm

Floyd_n_milan see post above! :elfwink: Hang in there, and heh, at least you have PT! :P:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

PlasticSquirrel

The brooding club

Post#500 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:59 am

Cheer up it might never happen. Optimism is the nicest thing that ever hapened to me.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Return to “Misc Guilds”