The Hobbit Discussion Group

rednell

Post#1 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:51 pm

We are planning to start up a reading discussion group in bilbos-study for The Hobbit.
This thread is to determine if there is enough interest to go ahead with the chatroom discussion. I am only available Sunday afternoon/evening.

Post here if you are interested and available Sundays either weekly or bi-weekly.

laurelome

Post#2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:15 pm

Saturday nights?????

floyd_n_milan

Post#3 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:27 pm

Finally! Just tell me the time.

Vee

Post#4 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:59 pm

00.59 here.

:wiggle:

grondmaster

Post#5 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:30 pm

Well we have the same problem we always run into: Starting Sundays at 7:00 PM GMT is 8:00 AM Monday in Wellington; 6:00 AM Monday in Melbourne; 12:30 AM Monday in New Delhi; 10:00PM in Moscow; 8:00 PM in Rome; 7:00 PM London; 3:00 PM in Halifax; 2:00 PM in New York; 1:00 PM in Chicago; Noon in Denver; and 11:00 AM in San Francisco.

This is still probably the best time to get the majority of members involved, but it does leave the Japanese still abed Monday morning.

You can play around with these times at The World Clock Meeting Planner.
'Share and enjoy'

rednell

Post#6 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:15 pm

Unfortunately, I work every Saturday so it wouldn't really be possible for me to get online at a reasonable time for those on the UK side of the world.
So, I am hoping Sunday will work out for most people.
My days off are Sunday and Monday.

laurelome

Post#7 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:03 pm

So, I am a little confused by time zones and everything. It would appear that ten o'clock here is about three o'clock there... that would put me.....where at the time you are talking about????

virumor

Post#8 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:31 am

Saturdays night are made for painting the town red, anyway. Sunday nights are made for sobering up, and as JRRT's dry material is ideal for this, I'll probably join for it after all.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Loss

Post#9 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:55 am

I'd love to join, im usually available on the weekend not everyone though? Would there be something to show us what happened if we missed one?

Amarië

Post#10 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:02 am

We have usually posted a copy of the chat room log, so anyone who misses it can see what the others talked about. And maybe continue the discussion in the forum.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “Reading Discussion Groups”