Hello, I am new!

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!

Hello, I am new!

Post#1 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:13 am

Welcome, welcome all new members!
Post a post here to let us know you have arrived and let us welcome you!
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

rue auburn

Hello, I am new!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:42 pm

It's great to see how much you love PT! Hope your stay here is a good one!

Hello, I am new!

Post#3 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:39 pm

Hello to everyone!

My name is Rayne and I live in Pennsylvania, outside of Philadelphia. I'm a true Pisces and a lover of science fiction/fantasy. I'm 42 and the mother of three daughters and a granddaughter. Two of my daughters received my love for reading but not sci-fi/fantasy (rats! can't have everything I guess.) I did, however, force my youngest to watch all three "Lord of the Rings" movies with me.

I joined this awesome website at the end of October . I was in need of help for a paper I was doing on the Ents and their role in the battle for Middle Earth. I had been searching the internet for sites when I stumbled onto this one. I was under the impression (a very wrong one, I might add) that I knew enough about my topic to produce a great paper. (ugh! how arrogant is that!)

Thankfully, I was lead to this site and all of you were amazing. The help you gave me was so needed by me, the one who thought she knew soooo much, and I thank you all. It is you incredible people, with your knowledge and insight, that has kept me returning here on almost a daily basis.

I am looking forward to beginning some real work into the extraordinary works of Tolkien and I'm sure I'll be visiting this site for a very long time.

Hello, I am new!

Post#4 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:00 am

Hiya Rayne and welcome! Hope to see you in some Tolkien discussions. Enjoy the site.

Hello, I am new!

Post#5 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:02 pm

Welcome to P-T Rayne; glad we could help you with your paper. :happyelf: Feel free to ask questions. Share and enjoy.
'Share and enjoy'

Hello, I am new!

Post#6 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:08 pm

Welcome to PT!! :elfbiggrin:

Hello, I am new!

Post#7 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:13 pm

Welcome Rayne! Great to have you here!

Hello, I am new!

Post#8 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:17 pm

Oh No! Another Viking!!!!!!!!

Well, Ian, if you are as nice as Amarie then welcome welcome welcome!

Hello, I am new!

Post#9 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:27 pm

Hi Rayne, glad to give you an official welcome to PT (I’m a Pisces too btw)! :happyelf:

Also hello to Ian, and welcome to the party!
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

arwen evenstar

Hello, I am new!

Post#10 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:07 pm

A warm welcome to Rayne and Ian! I hope you enjoy yourselves and I'll see ya around!! :D

Return to “Introduce yourself!”