So many things to say

New to Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!

So many things to say

Post#1 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:07 am

:mad2:......Er...hullo my name is Neil I come from England i am 18 and I am actually studying Tolkiens work for college. I love the books and the movies for their cinematic value and the love that has been put in them, I enjoy the historic value that has been cleverly weaved into tolkiens books! The Anglo-saxon style mythology is beautiful is it not?....You've probaly guessed by now I am also studying history (the dark ages to be precise). I hope to aid and become a pemanet member!

ps: If anyone would like to express their opinion of the tale Of Beren and Luithien, I would be most grateful I need a good discussion on the subject to get my noggin working, I have writers block and any help would be gratefully appreciated :D .

So many things to say

Post#2 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:43 am

Hello Yunti!

It's good to welcome another UKer to the site. Enjoy!

Feel free to start a discussion in the Silmarillion forum about Beren and Luthien.

So many things to say

Post#3 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:41 am

Welcome to PT Neil. You have to study Tolkien's work for your college? Wish I had a subject like that. Atleast I would have got an 'A' in something. Well, lucky you! As for the mythology in the books its more of a Nordic-Anglo-saxon mythology. Most of it has been borrowed from Nordic mythology. Anyways, nice to meet you and now get to work!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

arwen evenstar

So many things to say

Post#4 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:57 am

Welcome to PT Neil. I hope you find the info you need, though you should have no problem. ENjoy yourself, and cya round. :elfbiggrin:

So many things to say

Post#5 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:16 pm

Well met Yunti. And if you indeed have a lot to say: type away!!!

So many things to say

Post#6 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:37 pm

Howdy Yunti, welcome to Planet-Tolkien. Share and enjoy! :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

So many things to say

Post#7 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:39 pm

Hi Yunti, welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here! :wavehello:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

So many things to say

Post#8 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:52 pm

Welcome to PT, Yunti. :wavehello: I hope you enjoy your visits with us and some good stimulating discussions. Feel free to explore and start a thread about Beren and Luthien in the Silmarillion section, as Vee suggested.
I look forward to sharing your thoughts.

So many things to say

Post#9 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:11 am

Hi there Yunti. There are also threads about Lúthien and Beren under Characters that might help.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

So many things to say

Post#10 » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:47 am

Hey, Yunti! Welcome to Planet Tolkien!!! Nice to have you here among us!!
I will never raise the white flag.

Return to “Introduce yourself!”