Hello

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
maydmarion

Hello

Post#1 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:42 pm

:wavehello:

I have just watched the LOTR ROTK for the 1000th time!!! I decided to do a search for Alan Lee's sketches and found this site. It looked really good so thought I'd give it a try. Not sure if I'm doing it correct as a bit new to this. I'm married with 2 daughters and 2 cats. I LOVE LOTR and read the book for the 1st time in 2002 - have read it 4 times since. I also love cross stitching and am stitching Legolas at the moment and have just bought a chart of Middle Earth to stitch, it has 91,700 stitches should keep me quite for a bit!!!

Well that's all for now >^..^<
Bye

terrijayne

Hello

Post#2 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:55 pm

Welcome to PT Maydmarion! Given your username, are you a fan of writings about King Arthur? You'll enjoy visiting this site as the members are real friendly and hail from all corners of the known world (and a few unknown corners given some of the posts :) !)

Your cross stitch project sounds ambitious! I used to cross stitch years ago. If you ever get bored I have quite a few unfinished projects that haven't seen the light of day in years. :D

Again, welcome and I look forward to reading your posts Maydmarion.

laurelindhe ilmarin

Hello

Post#3 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:11 pm

Hello, Maydmarion!

Welcome to PT. I myself am a mother of three, but I don't have the patience for needlepoint or cross-stitching, so do it for the both of us! :hahaha:

Glad to have you here, don't hesitate to jump in on discussions and posting, and I hope to "see" you around!

maydmarion

Hello

Post#4 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:50 pm

Hi again

As regards to my username - I used to be an archer until I hurt my back in a couple of car accidents so have settled for stitching now as I need to be doing something and housework can get very boring. Everyone calls me maidmarion you know robin hood/maid marion etc etc ...so it sort of stuck.

I have been told by a clairvoyant that I had a lot of mystic stuff around me. (Mum is Scottish and Dad was Irish). I think I must be an elf or a fairy, I have a large collection of fairies, although my hubby says I'm away with the fairies and there's him with a loft full of star trek and star war stuff and we all know that's not real stuff - middle earth is real (lol) My girls are getting really worried.

My girls are 20 and 19 (I'm 21 :funnylaugh: doulble it up)
I work in a hospital on reception so I think I'm quite chatty - probably a chatterbox is a better description.
Looking forward to some really good discussions.

Maydmarion >^..^<

Vee

Hello

Post#5 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:58 pm

Hiya Maydmarion and welcome! Whereabouts in the world are you?

Sorry to hear about the archery but maybe you can shoot needles at people instead.

grondmaster

Hello

Post#6 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:04 pm

Hello Maydmarion, welcome to P-T. :happyelf:

I started blowing up the bookmap of Middle-earth back in the '70s to create an embroidery pattern, but never got around to finishing it. I used to do counted-cross stitch into the early '90s and was quite good at it (my mother said the back of mine was much neater than hers ever were). Anyway, where did you find your pattern, because I'd resurrect my needles and hoops if I could find a good pattern of the Middle-earth map. :wiggle:
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Hello

Post#7 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:05 am

Welcome to Planet Tolkien, Maydmarion. Nice introduction.... I feel as though I know you already.

lord_aragorn86

Hello

Post#8 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:57 am

I have just watched the LOTR ROTK for the 1000th time!!!

But that still counts as one! My God 1000 times!!! That would be around 3500 hours. That will be around 150 days! Well, what can I say. Nice time spent!

Hello Maydmarion! Enjoy the stay!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

nimrodel amarie

Hello

Post#9 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:56 am

Hi and WELCOME!!!

maydmarion

Hello

Post#10 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:29 pm

I got the middle earth cross stitch map on ebay. I do have an invoice with the address if you would like it.

On another subject, I replied to thread yesterday and now I can't find it to add to it. Can anyone give me some advice, it was about 'what books I was reading'. I'm not used to doing this and am just sort of feeling my way around. Any help welcome. Also what do I do with the mithril (told you I'm a novice :elfconfused: )

Maydmarion

Return to “Introduce yourself!”