Vinya quén!

New to Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!

Vinya quén!

Post#1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:17 am

Aiya all, new member hear, my names Tauro Melindonero (or lee, what ever :P: ) im 20, and i live in Kent, in the UK.
i suspect that the majority of you have always loved Tolkiens Mythos and then enjoyed the Movies, well for me it was the other way round, i had no interest in tolkien UNTIL i watched the first movie, then i was hoocked and since have read thge trilogy, the silm', the hobbit and many of "the lost road" books.
as you may have guessed by the subject, i can also speak Quenya, well at the moment only on a very basic level, although i no all the stuff needed, i just havent learnt the vocab yet.
anyway that me, i look forward to many a long chat with you all

Vinya quén!

Post#2 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:25 am

Aiya Tauro! Welcome to our evergrowing community! May you have all the fun that we have here.

i suspect that the majority of you have always loved Tolkiens Mythos and then enjoyed the Movies, well for me it was the other way round

Sadly, its the other way around and most of the members here are from the "Movie first, books later" group. But anyways, we all get along pretty well.

And also, don't worry about your Quenya being at a basic level. I don't know about others but I myself can't make a head or tail out of Quenya and I can boast of the fact that I hardly know a qord from Quenya (except maybe Namarie) So don't worry. Compared to me, you've a diploma in Quenya.

Rest said, keep having fun. See ya around!
I am nobody.....and nobody is perfect.......therefore I am perfect.

Vinya quén!

Post#3 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:13 pm

Welcome to Planet-Tolkien Tauro, I hope you'll have fun here. Share and enjoy. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

Vinya quén!

Post#4 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:16 pm

Isn't "vinya quén" Portuguese for "Nice legs" ?
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Vinya quén!

Post#5 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:36 pm

Welcome Taurus. It is good to see another UKer here.

I am one of the members who read the books first and I like to know what you think about the differences between books and film (now that you have read the books)?

Vinya quén!

Post#6 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:27 am

Welcome to PT Tauro, hope you enjoy your time spent here! :wavehello:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Vinya quén!

Post#7 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:16 am

thank you for a most warm greeting,

Virumor, i dont know, hehe,its Quendian for 'new person' though

Vinya quén!

Post#8 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:28 am

welcome to PT Tauro!!! glad to have you here!! share and enjoy :bday:

robbin\' wood

Vinya quén!

Post#9 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:03 am

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :pary:

Vinya quén!