Greetings fellow travelers:

New to Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!

Post#1 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:42 am

Since I am mentally incapable of thought processes. I did not realize, that there was an introduction thread, which would make logical sense. Anyway, here is a brief description of myself.

I was born in 1974, I was born and bred in Bradford, Pennsylvania. I have graduated from Carnegie Mellon, with a Ph. d. in History, my major subjects of study are the Roaring Twenties, The Depression, and WWII, but am currently unemployed in that field, I do however run a successful antiques business and have made quite a bit of money that way, I will tell you that I hope someday to resume my teaching carreer, but I find that I'm not searching very hard to fill that gap. I live in a beautiful building built at the turn of the century, if you wish to read my journal, you'll see that I'm not bad off. It is titled The History of My Eccentrity , read that also for a descripton of my lifestyle. I married Mrs. Elizabeth Craig, two years my junior and we are expecting in 6 months. I am very happy about having a child, and so is my wife. I may start looking for a position at a nearby University, though my current income is not mediocre, to say the least. My hobbies include collecting antique furniture, refurbing old typewriters, reading Lord of the Rings [at least once a year], and driving my old Deusenburg.

Please message me I love to correspond with other people.

Post#2 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:13 am

so: HELLO!!!!! :orcgin: as you are already busily posting I don't need to tell you how great this site is, so... have fun!! see you in the threads!

Post#3 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:08 am

HELLO and WELCOME to PT :wavehello: :wavehello: It was nice to read about you , hope you have and interesting time here !! See yah around in the threads :elfwink:

Post#4 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:25 am

Hi and welcome to PT! :elfbiggrin:
Our friendly company is glad to greet you, Resilience55!!
Does your nick have a short variant, by the way? We're too lazy here... :hahaha:

Post#5 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:11 pm

Hello Resili, welcome to our happy family. :happyelf: Share and enjoy.
'Share and enjoy'

Post#6 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:31 pm

Greetings, friend! May you have much fellowship and make many good friends here in PT.

Post#7 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:51 pm

Welcome, Resilience. It was nice to read your journal posting, very interesting. It sounds like you lead a pretty good life, and the picture you painted of your apartment is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. I got the impression that you might be a little obsessive compulsive, but, of course, I could be mistaken...just an impression. I guess I can be a bit that way myself is why I mention it.

Hope to see you around PT. I am looking for someone with whom I can discuss my masters thesis, so check out the books section of the Message Board if you are interested. I have posted a thread on the Lord of the Rings section called "Psychoanalysis and LOTR" in hopes that a few people can help me develop my ideas. Actually, much of it relates to history and culture and why we, as a society, are so fascinated by LOTR. I'm in the midst of reading Norman O. Brown's Life Against Death: The Psychoanalytical Meaning of History. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :teacher:

-- Eruwen

Post#8 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:12 am

I just couldn't resist posting here though I have nothing really important to say to you except WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post#9 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:49 am

To tell you the truth, I believe I am a bit obsessive compulsive, but regardless I live a comfortable life. I would enjoy discussing any topic with you, I may have time later, right now I'm a bit busy. Oh and you can call me Rez is you want, it's a fairly normal nickname for resilience I think. I hope to enjoy my stay here.

Post#10 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:38 pm

Rez it is. And welcome to PT. :) I did see your other journal, which is now gone. (Mrs Rez found out, didn't she?) It truly was beautiful. Any Tolkienite would agree.
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “Introduce yourself!”