Introducing...

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
darrenreid

Introducing...

Post#1 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:10 am

Dear all

Hello! My name is Darren Reid, and like all of you am a big fan of Tolkien and just about any other type of fantasy or science fiction. To let you know a bit about myself, I am a sturggling/aspiring author whose first book, Lord of Darkness and Shadow (a Fantasy/Science Fiction story in a similar vein to the work of Frank Herbert, Eric Van Lustbader and Iain M. Banks) has just been released. I also am organising a writing contest for my publisher doing very short stories, something i think i seen mentioned on this site. If anyone wants more details of that stuff, just reply to this thread :)

Hope everyone is good,

Darren Reid
www.DarrenReid.co.uk

Vee

Introducing...

Post#2 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi Darren and welcome. I gather you are from the UK? An author? A real author? Wow! Some of us only dream of that....

Anyway, enjoy the site and please feel free to join discussions.

grondmaster

Introducing...

Post#3 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:13 pm

Welcome to Planet-Tolkien Darren. :happyelf: Check out our Writers Guild. :read: Share and enjoy.
'Share and enjoy'

darrenreid

Introducing...

Post#4 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:36 am

Hi Vee et al

hehe, well i am trying at least! If you are an aspiring writer check out the writing contest in the advertisement section of the forum - it is was posted by me but moved so appears under someone elses name

Take care everyone :)

Darren
www.RDBooks.org.uk

cloveress

Introducing...

Post#5 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:57 am

Oh man! I was away for just one day and I miss the arrival of an author! A real live author!!! I'm just staggered. Can you tell us a bit more about your new book? I like to read a lot of fantasy.

miruvor

Introducing...

Post#6 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:57 am

Visit www.DarrenReid.co.uk for more information.

darrenreid

Introducing...

Post#7 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:11 am

Hi Cloverless

Just visit the website - I don't wanna spam this board - the advertising board on the other hand ;) If you do decide to get the book i would love you to write me a little review - it's a kick hearing opinions from fantasy fans, good and not so good ;)

Take care everyone

Darren
www.Darrenreid.co.uk
www.RDBooks.org.uk

cloveress

Introducing...

Post#8 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:45 am

Does my name really inspire people to "Cloverless", whatever that is?

But never mind the name. I'll visit the website.

And yes, Mir, I know you're the sharp one.

Morambar

Introducing...

Post#9 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:57 am

Howdy and welcome; enjoy your stay. Good site, good folks, much data and thought provoking discussion. All of which makes me feel a little guilty for being away so long.....

Amarië

Introducing...

Post#10 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:44 am

Hi and welcome Darrenreid!
I hope to see you around the boards.
:wavehello:

And welcome back Morambar, you've got some catching up to do now. ;)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “Introduce yourself!”