Hi All!!!

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
merrys mate

Hi All!!!

Post#1 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Hi guys, just thought I would say hi. My name is James and I am 24 and from the UK. Tolkien was something of an obsession for me in my teenage years (I read LOTR 9 times in a row when I was 13!). I have kinda neglected it for a few years now (I blame the ale and pipeweed!!), hope to hang out here and have a few discussions. I am afraid I have never tried to learn any of Tolkiens languages, I struggle enough with English!! I have read everything on Middle-Earth apart from the histories of middle-earth, I started to read them but found the alternative narratives a bit disturbing!

Hi All!!!

Post#2 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:13 pm

Welcome and well met! Hope you find PT to be everything you are looking for. You should certainly meet many new friends who will help you along your way.

Hi All!!!

Post#3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:24 pm

Hello Merrys mate, welcome to Planet-Tolkien. :happyelf: I hope to read your future posts in the forum.

Share and enjoy.
'Share and enjoy'

Hi All!!!

Post#4 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:52 am

WELCOME Merrys mate:wavehello: Welcome to PT .I'm glad you found your way to us
Hope to learn much from you .I'm looking forward to see you in the threads :)

Hi All!!!

Post#5 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Welcome Pippin aka Merry's Mate :orcsmilie: to Planet-Tolkien... We are always looking for fresh new blood...... I mean members :orcthumbs:

Read and Learn, Write and Share!

laurelindhe ilmarin

Hi All!!!

Post#6 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:39 pm

Hullo, Merry's mate! I hope that I am lucky enough to become your mate here on PT. Have fun and be sure to stop in to ye olde Khazad-Dumish Inn (in the RP guild) for a tankard of Gimli's Finest, though I think I am taking Grondy's line from him as he is usually the one to invite everyone there, but anyway...welcome!!! (Talk about confusing...)

Hi All!!!

Post#7 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 am

Welcome, James! It's never too late to come back to Tolkien! We all kinda drift in and out of it through our lives, but we eventually come back to Middle-Earth...

Return to “Introduce yourself!”