Hello from an old dwarf...

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
brimmer

Post#1 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 pm

Hello all. In this world, you can call me Brimmer. This old dwarf has been around and seen a thing or two, I'll tell you that and that's the truth.

---

In RL I'm David Rudy, also known as Aule at The Two Towers MUD. I'm an avid Tolkien fan - I suppose one must be to create and administer a multiplayer game based on Tolkien's work. My favorite aspect of Tolkien's works, starting with the Hobbit, has always been his use of maps. On T2T I went through a lot of effort to make sure the landscape was to-scale with his maps - Karen Fonstadt's Atlas of Middle Earth was invaluable in that effort. I've just recently read The Hobbit to my 3 year old daughter, she loves dragons and didn't like it when he got shot. :) After reading it again after so many years I decided to look around and see what other Tolkien resources were on the web, and Planet-Tolkien looked large and active so here I am!

rednell

Post#2 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:46 am

Welcome to our humble PT family, Brimmer. I am sure if you dig around the forums that you will, indeed, find some great treasures that would make a dragon green with envy.
We look forward to sharing some of your insight into the professors great works.

mellon

Post#3 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:21 am

Welcome to PT BrimmerI'm glad you found your way to joun our family as well:)
I'm really looking forward to see you in some of the threads :) SHARE AND ENJOY

Sian

Post#4 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:08 am

Welcome! I'll look forward to your posts here :) Please tell your daughter there are more dragons besides Smaug..

leelee

Post#5 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:52 am

A very warm welcome. I hope you stay so long your little one joins one day!

grondmaster

Post#6 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:44 pm

Welcome to Planet-Tolkien Brimmer. :happyelf: I see your T2T website has taken over our lead at the Tolkien Top 1oo webpage, well done.

Share and enjoy.
'Share and enjoy'

brimmer

Post#7 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:39 am

Thanks everybody for the welcome!

And Grondmaster don't worry, we're not really in a competition. :) The forums over on T2T are used pretty exclusively to talk about game itself which is all on a fixed date of March 15th, 3019 TA and they're only open to players to post. Altho we do have lively Tolkien debates in the game sometimes, and a semi-regular Tolkien Trivia contest, our players tend to be more casual Tolkien fans rather than Tolkien scholars.

Fionwë Urion

Post#8 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:41 am

Well, I don't know if I could be called a Tolkien scholar, but I've joined the game, and got myself beaten to a bloody pulp already. Didn't take long for that to happen.

Welcome to Planet-Tolkien, mellon. :wave:

Loss

Post#9 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:22 pm

Welcome to PT!

T2T came out of nowhere in the poll... Seems that we should do some advertising in some places too :orcgin:

Return to “Introduce yourself!”