Hail all!

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
Ereinion Gil-galad

Hail all!

Post#1 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:38 am

Hello, my name is Ereinion Gil-galad (Gil-galad for short) and I am a young Tolkien fan. I was killed in Middle-earth so I came here instead and am currently haunting Sauron's spirit. Also, if anyone has seen Aeglos recently, I am offering a reward! I miss my spear very sorely.

Many greetings to you all.

Thorin Oakenshield

Hail all!

Post#2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:02 am

Hello Gil-Galad and well met my friend. I hope you will enjoy yourself here as much as we do.

If you're looking for Sauron then the Green lady is right, Lord of all, is the closest thing to be found nowadays. And if you're in search of Aeglos then you could visit The Khazad Dummish Inn in Roplaying guilds and speak to its worthy keeper, Grondmaster, also known as Grondy. He may be able to help you. :dunce:

See you around
Thorin
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

grondmaster

Hail all!

Post#3 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:47 pm

Howdy Gil-galad, welcome to our happy family. :happyelf:

Be warned though, to get your first drink in the Khazad-dûmish Inn, you must first sing us a song or recite a poem. It is quite painless and everyone has had to do it. I may have some ideas as where to look for your spear; was it the same as your lance in Sam's song?

His sword was long his lance was keen,....
'Share and enjoy'

Loss

Hail all!

Post#4 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:42 am

Greetings Ereinion Gil-galad,

Enjoy your stay... If you wish to do some searching of another kind, we have a few spiders, possibly some orcs and a couple of Nazgúl... But they rarely show their face... :orcsmilie:

*Loss straightens his blonde elvish wig and ears above his empty face... whistles and leaves the room with a curdling scream...*

cloveress

Hail all!

Post#5 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:25 am

Oh gasp!
I KNEW there was something up with you, name-changer!

Loss

Hail all!

Post#6 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:43 am

You have been away for a while havn't you ole Clover? My name has been like this for a few months now, the previous one I chose was too much of a mouthful, Loss is far more easier to say and type... Plus, everyone called me Loss anyways :orcsmilie: Including you :orcthumbs:

cloveress

Hail all!

Post#7 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:55 am

Oh it's not the first time I've seen you under your new alias. I remember returning to the Planet one day and seeing this shortened name beside that Witch-king avatar you used to sport. It was only then that I realized that the Almighty Council had decreed that we citizens should be permitted to rechristen ourselves.

cloveress

Hail all!

Post#8 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:21 am

A Aran-Ereinion!
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien! We do not seem to have a Sauron visiting here at present (though you may wish to haunt Lord of all, as he is probably of close kin to the Dark Lord) and I have not seen bright Aeglos since Napoleon threw it away on the battlefield... I wish you good luck in finding it though. Sorry to say that there are no treasure-hoarding dragons on this planet, yet either. You will meet a lot of your kin, though!

And I encourage you to speak up in the discussions about the books and movies!
Cloveress

grondmaster

Hail all!

Post#9 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 pm

"What's in a name? That which we call a thistle
By any other name would prickle just the same"
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

Hail all!

Post#10 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:54 pm

And behold! Those exact words were ones that sprang from their herald's lips as he gazed sternly at all our good citizens.

Return to “Introduce yourself!”