Belated Introduction

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
gwindor

Belated Introduction

Post#1 » Sat May 30, 2009 4:14 am

I’ve been a fan of Tolkien ever since I was a kid. I’ve read the Hobbit, then LOTR and Adventures of Tom Bombadil etc whilst waiting for the Silmarillion. I’ve read LOTR once a year and other books on occasion; so much so that I could quote LOTR chapter and verse. I’ve even tried to live my life according to these principles. However, I have become a bit lazy since the movies came out (excellent job by PJ by the way) so I can’t quite do everything from memory.
I’ve never joined any sites or done any posts previously. Since I joined PT, these are the first and only posts I’ve ever made on any website so I’m still new to all these threads etc. My apologies to Grondmaster for breaking his thread earlier. Also I don’t always remember what threads I’ve answered. I’m not connected to the internet at home so I’m only online at libraries etc. and don’t always have a lot of time-usually I multitask to get as much done as possible. Anyway I’m thinking of starting some interesting threads, but more of that later.

Sian

Belated Introduction

Post#2 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:33 pm

A belated but nonetheless hearty welcome! :)

I'm not here as often as I'd like to be either but will look forward to reading your posts!

grondmaster

Belated Introduction

Post#3 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Gwindor, sorry this is late, but we often don't see initial threads until the first post is added to them. It's an anomaly in the forum's engine, which the council can't do anything about. I always try to add another post after I start a new thread so that the new thread shows up in the menus. Anyway, welcome to our happy family. :happyelf:

Share and enjoy!
'Share and enjoy'

ammornil

Belated Introduction

Post#4 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Welcome, Gwidor, in Planet Tolkien, where fans are gathering to celebrate their common love to fiction in the World of Arda!

Looking forward to your posts and new threads: Have fun!
Nolwe ar alcar >> Wisdom and Glory! Wisdom is in words, Glory- in deeds.
All of this is personal opinion and understanding. For your own opinion read the books written by J. R. R. Tolkien.

pidith_eluchil

Belated Introduction

Post#5 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:36 am

hello im pidith euchil im very shy and im new here.

grondmaster

Belated Introduction

Post#6 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Hello Pidith_eluchil, welcome to our happy family. :happyelf: Don't be shy, we won't bite. Feel free to ask questions, provide answers, and join in the discussions. And any wrong answers are just occasions to be used for learning. So don't worry about them, I don't and I still make them; I just try not to make the same onemore than a couple times in a row. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

pidith_eluchil

Belated Introduction

Post#7 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:56 am

thank you grond.

pidith

Sian

Belated Introduction

Post#8 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi Pidith!

I tend to be shy too but this is a very friendly place :) Just jump in and join in the discussions and games!

Sian

pidith_eluchil

Belated Introduction

Post#9 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:17 am

thank you my kind sir.

Pidith

gwindor

Belated Introduction

Post#10 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 am

Thank you for those who replied to my introduction, especially Pidith who's even more new than I am. While I'm here I'd like to pose a question. Is it possible to have a record of posts made, especially one's own as I can't always remember what threads I've posted. There seems to be some record of journals, why not for posts since they are all recorded anyway.In the meantime I'm working on a new thread, sort of a quiz-but with a difference.Anyway, nice to meet you all. Please excuse me if I seem abrupt - I usually don't say much anyway and write even less, should have been a Ranger

Return to “Introduce yourself!”