Grondmaster's memorial thread

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
grondmaster

Post#1 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:37 pm

I turned my computer on one morning last week and nobody was home, nary a Gnome with his magic paint brushes, typesetting machine, and micro-clacks, nor anything. I ended up having to replace the hard drive and all the software. Still haven't got my email working. But Firefox has let me get here.

So on with the show...
'Share and enjoy'

grondmaster

Post#2 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:42 pm

This thread is for that one person who noticed I was missing. Thanks, whomever you are, I appreciate you. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

leelee

Post#3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:39 pm

I have had so little time, but the very thought that you Grondy would not be on in a twenty four hour period is seriously upsetting to me. It is like knowing Christopher Tolkien was passed away, and that would be the most dreadful feeling. Glad you're come back.

rho

Post#4 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 pm

welcome back mate.....what pc did you get? Me and the missus bought a Apple a few weeks back and wow, we'll never look back.
I don't do American cars but your computers rock.

Post#5 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:20 pm

Welcome back! It must have been a terrible time, my sympathy ;-)

grondmaster

Post#6 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:23 pm

After spending half of December in hospital and 3.5 months in a nursing home with bad pressure sores between my rear and legs, I finally felt strong enough to escape late last week. Since then have been trying to get my apartment cleaned up by reading, sorting through, and disposing all the unimportant snail mail accumulated since I left. That my daughter also stayed here and moved things around from where I expect to find them has also added a challenge, as has leaning to use a transfer board between my wheelchair and my bed. I used to sort of throw myself between them; that doesn't work anymore and the Firemen no longer appreciate having to pick me up when I miss.

I still must not sit for long hours before the computer or otherwhere, so I will slowly be working my way back through the threads and will probably limit myself to about an hour a day until things normalize.

Anyway, I'm back and would like to thank everyone for their prayers and good wishes.

Also my almost 18 year old grandson is expected to have a new sibling sometime Friday, 23 April. My pregnant daughter decided she didn't want to know the little ones gender ahead of time, so we will just have to wait and see what the good Lord delivers. I'm banking on a girl, but won't be disappointed if otherwise.

Cheers,

Grondy
Share and enjoy.
'Share and enjoy'

rednell

Post#7 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Yeah!!!! Welcome home!! We have missed you sooooo much. So glad to see you, old friend. :)

Sian

Post#8 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I noticed your posts in a couple of the games threads but can't resist saying again how glad I am to see you back here! Take it slow at home and don't wear yourself out, and make sure your chair has a good memory-foam cushion.

rho

Post#9 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm

heeeeey! welcome mate, glad you're back.

Amarië

Post#10 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 am

Grondy's back!! :pary: :pary: :juggleemot: :flamejump: :orcthumbs: I've missed you!
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Return to “Introduce yourself!”