Grondmaster's memorial thread

New to Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!

Post#101 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:57 am

Grondy's daugther Megan has asked us to post this:

- - - 

My fathers Memorial will be held on October 16th @ 1:00 pm at St Paul's Episcopal Church in Bremerton, Wa - with reception to follow.

The address is as follows -

700 Callahan Drive

Bremerton, Wa

He is being cremated and his ashes will be spread in the Columbarium with other previous members of the church.

Just thought I would share the information.. Thanks again, Megan

- - - 

"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Post#102 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Goodbye for now Grondy.

I don't know what else to say.Words have betrayed me.You were kind and funny and brave and I will remember you for that and maybe someday get the "random story game" thread published:)

I just feel a tad lonely on PT now.May your soul rest in peace Grondy,in the land where there is no setting sun.

Post#103 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:51 am

Goodbye, Old Friend.

Your wisdom and words here have been an inspiration to us all, and have brought joy to hundreds. You will be sorely missed, but you have left a legacy of previous posts behind for all of us to remember you by. It has been a honour and privilege knowing you. My prayers are with your family.

Rest in Peace, Grondy

Post#104 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:40 pm

RIP, Grondy.  A great man, and a great loss for us all, but our loss is his gain; for our friend, pain will never again be even a memory.  His friendly and broad minded wisdom and advice will be sorely missed, along with his insight, knowledge and humor.  But a list of positive attributes would tax band width and still not do Grondy justice.  The best thing about Grondmaster is that he's Grondy, and I don't believe partings are for all time, so I very much look forward to seeing him again in a better place some day.

Post#105 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:57 am

'For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.'

Grondmaster, you meant everything to everyone on this site - your humour, your warm presence, your courage all embodied the very spirit of Planet Tolkien and provided us with a shining light to lead us on our way. That light is gone now, but we shall remember it; it shall inspire us; and we shall grow stronger for it. Your memory shall never leave the hearts and minds of all who knew you, and you made the days pass a little lighter for each and every one of us.

How many years has it been since a dwarf stumbled into the Khazad-dumish Inn wearing an Elvis costume? :)

Not all that glitters is gold, my old friend. The western sunset, sparkling over the waves, awaits you.

Pippin: I didn’t think it would end this way.

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path - one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass… And then you see it.

Pippin: What? Gandalf?… See what?

Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Pippin: Well... that isn’t so bad.

Gandalf: No… No it isn’t. 

Post#106 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 pm

May I just add that I just listened to The Grey Havens, 18th on the Return of the King sountrack. It has helped to calm my heart.

Post#107 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

Oh Grondy, it is so sad to know that you've gone.  You've been a great friend to myself and all of us who will never forget your name or your posts. Goodbye for a little while old friend, be at peace and in our memories as the loveable Dwarven Innkeeper.  Spoken in your own words old Dwarf, Share and Enjoy!  Goodbye.

Post#108 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:46 pm

It is impossible to say good bye to someone you have never met, so with Grondy's passing into a better place...

I would like to say...I hope to meet you Grondy

Thorin Oakenshield

Post#109 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:51 am

I've just learned the news and words can't say how I feel.

You will be sorely missed, a great friend and a valuable contributor to PT over the many years that you have graced this site. I will sorely miss you my dear friend, and PT will not be the same without you but I'm certain wherever you are now, you have found true happiness and peace.

In Fellowship

Edited to add this: I have prepared a tag to wear on my Facebook account in honour and memory of Grondy. if anyone would like to do the same:

The Cheesey

Post#110 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Just decided to check up on this thread, and I can't believe that Grondmaster has left us. I didn't exactly know him, but this is still pretty upsetting news. I don't exactly know anything to put here, so I'll just say Rest in Peace Grondy. 

Death is just another part of life, one that we all must take. - Yoda

Return to “Introduce yourself!”