Grondmaster's memorial thread

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
cloveress

Post#151 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Arwen, Ama, and Leelee, it is so great to see you guys are still active on this site! (Despite your never having talked to me, Arwen, I do believe that I've seen your name floating around the planet at the height of my activity here). Thanks for the link to the I REMEMBER thread. I have looked at it (you are so sweet, as always, Leelee! I am guilt-ridden for not spending more time here) and will answer it shortly.

I am still mourning for Grondy. What a sad thing to come back to... But I suppose he would be comforted to see that his old friends have not abandoned the site he so loved, even to his last days. This thread is one of partings and reunions, I feel. 

arwen undómiel

Post#152 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 am

Cloveress, you're so true about Leelee. She really is so sweet and kind and lovely and understanding. And I think you're also very sweet, dear. I'm not sure if you have seen my name before. My first login was on 21/09/11 so....

Oh Grondmaster. I pray for you. You will always be remembered.

Btw I love the I REMEMBER tread. It's lovely to see all those good memories members have about eachother. I'm quite new so I don't really know peoplefrom the old times. But still it's lovely and I think also sad, yes sad to read.
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

brego

Post#153 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:20 pm

I only knew Grondmaster from reading his posts, which seemed to pop up from time to time (first few months of my first log in).  It was only those few months later that I realised he had passed away, and only then because of the wonderful things the Elders of PT constantly said about him.  Everything I've read from him is informative, full of love and soul and entertaining.  He truly must have been a great person.

Brego

arwen undómiel

Post#154 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:34 am

Today is the birthday of our beloved Grondmaster. He would have been seventy-three....
Rest in peace dear friend.
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

mellon

Post#155 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 am

Still our dearest Grondy is the first person I think about when I Login at PT .Congrats on your 73 birthday yesterday dear friend. I am sure you had a good party in The Shire .love you always

xdx24

Post#156 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:24 am

May you rest at peace my dear friend

curufinwe

Post#157 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:39 pm

His birthday soon. 75?

arwen undómiel

Post#158 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:45 am

His birthday is the 9th of February. It would be his 74 birthday.

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

curufinwe

Post#159 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 pm

Ta-Daa! he is now seventy four. He is a legend, and even though I came here only after he died, I have read too many of the old threads not to be sad. If you are looking down on this, Happy Birthday to you.

Balrogs R Us

Post#160 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:19 pm

I was only able to share this forum with Grondmaster for several months, but from the first post I could tell he would inspire me tremendously. After a few, I knew I'd never forget him. So easy and welcoming to talk about Tolkien with, every post taught me something new...always about Tolkien, if not also about how great the human spirit can be. I'm very grateful I was able to experience his kindness, if not only for a short time. Namarie, Grondmaster

Cur, is his birthday January or is it February? Either way, Happy early birthday/today birthday Grondmaster :)

Return to “Introduce yourself!”