Grondmaster's memorial thread

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
leelee

Post#51 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm

To quote the pharoah in waiting from the Ten Commandments dear Grondy-let it be written, let it be done. You are always in my prayers.
Can you share what the little one's name is, name's are so important. I am sure professor Tolkien would have something entertaining to tell us about the origins of baby's name, being the stellar philologist he is.
I love this thread above all others, and I always will. Grondy has come home to us. :)
Cloveress, I hope all is well with you dear one. I am sure you are causing a stir whereever you go.

grondmaster

Post#52 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Grandaughter's name is Marley Grace. Not sure where the first comes from, but I like it. The second was her maternal grandmother's mother's first name, (my ex-wife's mother's name.) I will probably call her Kidlette, as I call my daughter Meglette. They both have red hair, though my daughter tries to keep hers blonder than carrot-top.
'Share and enjoy'

leelee

Post#53 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:38 pm

That is a very unusual and beautiful combination of names. I like it very much. My little Hasia's middle name is Peyton, named after a most shy and humorous priest that we love. He actually was a hermit at one time after his only brother was killed in the war. People always seem a little surprise by that middle name but it suits her perfectly.

odette

Post#54 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:32 am

Just diverting a bit i had no idea you were so sick Grondy.I am really sorry about all this painful medications.But i guess you are better now.And now i get people when they say they miss you:) for i log into PT majorly because of you.Such a great human being.Rock on Grondy.

and names dont matter i think but Grondy why didnt you chip in with a nice name from Tolkien's stable?I am sure you have a nickname picked:)

grondmaster

Post#55 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Yesterday I was missing as I went to the ophthalmologist who dilated my eyes and I couldn't read the computer screen.
'Share and enjoy'

cloveress

Post#56 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Yes, do get better soon, Grondy!
But I would rather hope that my well wishes be unreceived for another few days, as you really shouldn't spend too much time wearing your eyes out on a computer. And besides, last time I checked, screen tanning was still at the height of "uncool."

So, when you do come back from a well-deserved rest and healing break, know that I have been wishing you well in my thoughts every day. You know those moments late at night, when everything is quiet and you just sit motionless, reflecting on the day? I often think of PT during these times, and every time, I wish for your health, and though I am not religious, I thank an unknown entity (as well as Sir Timothy Berners-Lee) for letting you into my life.

Much love from Baltimore!

PS: I am actually not causing much of a stir here, Leelee. But I plot my comeback meticulously in the form of a master engineering plot, which I will pull on my room mate on her birthday in February. Oh, my aspiration is to have it look like something out of Home Alone :grin:

grondmaster

Post#57 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 am

Thanks Cloveress. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

grondmaster

Post#58 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:52 am

Well, I'm going back into hospital today for more tests tomorrow (trying to find cause of anemia). I may not be back here until Friday. :orcsad:

@Rho: would you please cover The Party Tree for me. Thanks
'Share and enjoy'

Post#59 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Glad to hear you're feeling better :orcthumbs:

grondmaster

Post#60 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:40 am

I'm back and the antibiotics are really making me tired, but I can't stay in bed all day, not having a lap top. :elfwink:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “Introduce yourself!”