New members?

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
arwen undómiel

New members?

Post#401 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:37 am

Wow Amarie, you're a Merlinian!? So cool:) I'm in love with that series. ;)
''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Amarië

New members?

Post#402 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 am

I had to watch an episode because Arthur looked so much like a friend of mine. I just had to see what it was about. Castles, dragons, knights, magic and freakishly talented Colin Morgan... I didn't have a chance! ;) 

"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Oerath Windsoul

New members?

Post#403 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Welcome to all new members! Wait, what, Merlinian?

Oh well, that sounds strange, but I guess you can include me in the club. All in the name of swords, knights, dungeons, dragons and more dragons! Waiting for the fifth series to air completely, then I can start watching it.

Anyway, I'm Oerath. I'm a poetic writer, and if any of you should be interesting in writing, you should find plenty of stuff from our little poetry thread, called: 'Do you have a poem to share'.

Also, if music is your thing, why don't ya seek out Musician's Guild and stop by. It may be outdated at the moment, but by all means, that if something can always be changed.

So, welcome to Planet Tolkien.

And if anyone of you should find me from the chat box, feel free to throw me with a message, and I shall answer to it. :)

'Come explore the astral heights of the gallery of imagination and time.'

arwen undómiel

New members?

Post#404 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:00 am

Wait, what, Oerath: Merlinian. Help!!! Are you serious!? *smile* Amazing! Can't you watch season 5 at youtube or BBC iplayer? It's amazing!!! Oh, if you don't stop me I'm going to spoiler this thread with all Merlin things from season 5 so far. :):):) Sorry, *fangirl moment* xD, don't take it to serious!

And again, Welcome at Planet-tolkien. ;)

''Loyalty is the only moral instinct that can exist on the same plane as truth itself. They may clash, but one can never overcome the other without cost.''

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

indalas

New members?

Post#405 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:02 pm

Well Arwen, I'm used to that :) but I don't watch Sherlock. I do like Merlin and especially Doctor Who though. But still, "whovian" "merlinian" and such are weird words :p

Amarië

New members?

Post#406 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:20 am

I think Whovian (etc.) is funny words too, seems to be an English (-speaking) thing to make such words? Or is that me being clueless agian. ;) I heard it first from a die hard Scotish dr Who fan, so I thought "Well, when in Rome...".

I still haven't had time to watch Merin episode 7 of season 5, getting an hour for myself isn't always as easy. But both me and my boyfriend likes dr Who, so there we are waiting for the full season before we start watching. We rewatched all episodes from season 1, easter specials and all.

We have Game of thrones s2, but for some reason I haven't been in the mood to see it. 

"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

dodo

New members?

Post#407 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Hello all!  Having just joined, I don't know what sort of culture this website has.  So I say a bit about my own relationship with Tolkien's work.

I've been interested in Tolkien since the early 1960s when I was in high school.  This was in the Columbus, Ohio area.  I don't remember if it was before or after we moved out in the country NE of Columbus.  Anyway I missed a few nights sleep that first time around reading LOTR.  I was also spoiled on all fantasy thereafter.  I couldn't bother with lesser writers.  I did still like Science Fiction, however.  I'd started reading SF in the late '50s.  I was pleased a while back when I started working on my genealogy to find out I was a 4th cousin twice removed to Robert Heinlein, though I never met him. 

Enough for one post... Oh, just one more thing.  I picked Dodo as my screen name simply becaue it rhymes with Frodo and my real initials are DD. 

arwen undómiel

New members?

Post#408 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:42 am

Welcome Dodo. I'm Arwen. I'm one of the council members(moderators), so if you have a problem tell me. :) You can recognize the council members by the little thing under there avatar, which says "council member"
I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions I'm here!

Namarie,

Arwen, *the little elf*

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

arwen undómiel

New members?

Post#409 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 am

Amarie, I know this is (a bit/a lot) of topic. But MERLIN IS GONE END. THE LAST EPISODE WILL BE AT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*

Semper Fi ⚓ ∞

Namárië

Rukain

New members?

Post#410 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Wait, Merlin is ending?!?! That not even possible! It's ending so early! Well, I guess 5 seasons doesn't qualify as early, but still! That's so disappointing.

Well, anyways, welcome all you newcomers! It always makes me smile to see a new face. I've not been here as long as some, but if you see me in chat, feel free to talk. I'm not on all that often anymore, because life has me running back and forth from everything to everything else, but I'm here when I can get here! I hope you all, Dodo, Indalas, Alaenor, and whoever I might be missing, enjoy thoroughly the company we are at PT.

Return to “Introduce yourself!”