Hail to you champions!

New to Planet-Tolkien.com? Post a introduction here and let our members welcome you!
lapheu

Hail to you champions!

Post#1 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

Hello everyone. I am from Turkey and 21 years old. I've been reading Tolkien for 5or 6 years and i have watched movies many times. Except Tolkien i do like reading R.A. Salvatore (espacially all the books he wrote about Drizzt) and also Margaret Weis, Tracey Hickman, Terry Pretchet and the list goes on like this. It is a pleasure to be here with you.

Hail to you champions!

Post#2 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Welcome! Make yourself at home - with that list of books you are in good company here ;) I've just been re-reading Good Omens this morning, still makes me laugh :funnylaugh:

lapheu

Hail to you champions!

Post#3 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:23 pm

Aaah good omens. Reminds me the good old days. Terry Pratchet and Neil Gaiman the best couple i have ever seen i may see. You should try Neverwhere by him and of course Sandman (:

Hail to you champions!

Post#4 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Yep, read both - Neverwhere and Stardust being my two favorites of his. Went to hear him speak a few months ago as part of book week - awesome stuff. The power of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett combined is something that should happen again though. And they should both write many, many more books....

Return to “Introduce yourself!”